Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Intuition and gender

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM
  • 13 Replies
When I was pregnant with my first child, I had a dream the night before the anatomy screening u/s that we were having a girl. The next day we see that we're having a girl! I'm 16 weeks with #2 and haven't had much intuition either way. My mom and sister think I'm having a boy, since my nausea was less intense, but I just woke up from a dream where I was holding a baby girl. We don't find out for another month. Was your intuition ever right?
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I can tell you less nausea has nothing to do with having a boy. I have thrown up everyday for 9 months with each pregnancy and Im pregnant with my 3rd boy.

I was hoping for a girl since this is my last pregnancy but deep down I knew it was another boy

Good luck.
piercedbeauty21
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:09 AM

With Dd I just knew I was having a girl, and i did. I'm 16 weeks 5 days with #2 and I have no idea what this baby could be. I'd really like another girl deep down, but I keep telling myself boy, to prepare myself either way. I have my next appointment next week, but I didn't schedule my anatomy scan yet.

CafeMom Tickers

KPJ
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Mine was right both times! Lol
I just knew what I was having each time..
First pregnancy I really wanted a boy.. But I just knew it was a girl what I was having..
This time around I really didn't care much of the gender..but I knew it was a boy...
So both times I got confirmation of my hunch.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Mine has always been right. 

Wheepingchree
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM
That's sort of what I'm doing - I'd love another girl, I want my daughter to have a sister! But I've been just kind of going along with a boy. I won't be disappointed, I don't think.

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

With Dd I just knew I was having a girl, and i did. I'm 16 weeks 5 days with #2 and I have no idea what this baby could be. I'd really like another girl deep down, but I keep telling myself boy, to prepare myself either way. I have my next appointment next week, but I didn't schedule my anatomy scan yet.

livingrlovesong
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Mine was only right with one of them. I had dreams of a girl with this one all the Time, and nope we are having another boy.
true-love-21
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM
with my first I was right, with this one, I wanted a girl so bad but we ended up with a boy again. :) my intuition was out of order with this one! lol
piercedbeauty21
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I keep telling myself that I won't be disappointed if it's a boy, but I know a little piece of me will be upset. I have a little sister and I want Dd to experience the bond that my sister and I have. I know I'll be happy with a healthy baby, but sometimes I feel like I'm cheating myself out of my last pregnancy, kwim? 

Quoting Wheepingchree:

That's sort of what I'm doing - I'd love another girl, I want my daughter to have a sister! But I've been just kind of going along with a boy. I won't be disappointed, I don't think.

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

CafeMom Tickers

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Yup with all three. Found out the day they were born.
CelestialSong
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Mine was with my first. I knew before I even knew I was pregnant that I would have a girl. I had dreams, and just that feeling. This time I don't have that, so I'm thinking it might be a boy but I don't have an actual feeling about it. I'm just basing that on lack of intuition.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)