Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need a babysitter so I can bathe myself.

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 21 Replies
My friend called me yesterday to watch her 8 month old, so she could take a shower. This isn't the first time I've heard a mother say she couldn't bathe while baby is home. I was a single mother for 6yrs & never had a problem getting a shower or even a bath. Is this common w/most mothers, or is it something just going on w/ppl I know?
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dee0886
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Hmm..that's weird. Why not just put the baby in a bouncy seat or soething next to the tub? Thats what I did lol..Sounds like some lazy mommies....

I mean I get wanting to take a relaxing bath just to pamper yourself once in a while...but not every time you bathe lol. 

Steph925
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I normally never have a problem. My older 2 are in school now so I normally wait till they leave to take a shower and now with the new baby my dh will take care of her or I will wait till she's asleep. When my older ones was little I would put them in their room and put a gate up so they couldn't get out and I would take my shower then. Or my dh would watch them but I normally never have a problem
Dee0886
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM

And with my kids I put them in their seat and they just wore a diaper while I took a hot shower..the steam helped clear out their skin and nasal passages really well. They loved it.. 

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I've always managed to shower just fine!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I have known of some who were afraid to shower in case their LO started to cry.  I guess I always managed to do it just fine, but I tried to time it with nap time.  Or, I placed them in the stroller and wheeled them near the bathroom.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:37 PM
So worry a lot about baby when they are in the shower. I always did it. But in the back of head was what ifs. I have helped a friend out do she did not have to worry and she was a single mother. We all have different worry and I am sure there are dome others might think yours are weird go worry about.
Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Must just be people you know, lol!  I either shower early in the morning, at night when they go to bed, during naptime or I bring them into the bathroom with me so I can shower. 

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:13 PM
I have always showered. Just did like the others said and brought bouncer or swing in the bathroom. Or their portacrib in our room is right by the bathroom door so I'd pull it to the doorway so I could see/hear them of they cried.
Luvizth3drug
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM
It's hard for me to get a shower too. My son I will be 3 weeks tomorrow..me, my husband, and of course my son stay with my dad and grandma cause its a lot easier on me. I'm still learning things cause I'm a new mom and it gets a little stressful sometimes..but I gave my grandma or dad watch him while I take a shower..
lillucky8
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM
If my kids are awake i cant shower unless dh is home. I do sometimes sneak one during naptime but they usually wake up. My dd would scream and scream, the sound scared her, and my son is just too busy to sit still long enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN