Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bulging membranes? PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

So went to my appointment today, after losing my mucous plug this morning (yuck) and I am at a 3 70% and she said that my membranes are bulging. So googled my ass off when I got home but still confused. Anyone else been told this? Does this mean that little miss is coming soon? Some things say it could be hours and others are still saying days to a week. Another said that bulging could make it harder for the waters to break (so not okay with that I am beyond ready). My midwife said she would be very surprised if I made it to my next appointment but she has been fooled by babies before so we scheduled another one anyway. I am ready, Daddy is beyond ready (he is sooooo excited), and my boys are ready (mostly because it means they get to have a sleep over at their Mimi's but I love them anyway).

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
candicefield
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Bulging membranes means the the bag of water is hanging out of the cervix. You have a greater chance of them breaking like this. It shouldn't be long!
Momof5kids84
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 6:00 AM

Yep, it should not be long at all.  Good luck!!!  My water broke at 35w 3d last Sunday.  Baby was born 4 and 1/2 hours later.  I was 3-4cm and 75% effaced before that so be ready.

Wife to a wonderful man, and mother to five beautiful children. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Sounds like things are progressing! Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pacificamom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Quoting kmqw229:

Sounds like things are progressing! Good luck mama!

CafeMom Tickers
momma4xover
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

With a bulging membrane it means that your water bag is hanging from the cervix... your water doesn't HAVE to break for you to go into active labor. You can have a baby born en caul, or in the bag in of water still- its very neat to see! I wouldn't worry, your body is doing what it needs to for labor, and you could "pop" at any time! Good luck momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured