Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the nicest thing your DH/so has said to you while pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
What's the nicest thing your DH/so has said to you while pregnant? It's so easy to remember the stupid things they say... ;)

Today in Target I had to stop and rest - I was having contractions and was hot and miserable. (Only 2 weeks to go!)

DH put his arms around me and kissed my forehead and said, "Thanks for carrying our baby so long. So close now! You're doing great and I love you so much."

And then I cried. Of course.

What about you?
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayleesmom42328
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Nothing. :( Dh doesn't think compliments are necessary now that we're married.
Vcoskey
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Bump!
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM
2 moms liked this
My DH won't let a day go by without telling me I'm beautiful or that I look great. I feel he is full of it, but at least he tries. Lol
siergomez
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:29 AM
I wish he would say nice things to me. Best I ever get is "you don't look all that fat in that dress" -_-
SOCO101
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this

"Gah, your boobs are huge!" Not exactly the most romantic thing, but not as bad as him calling me "butterball" everytime I walk by him...

kbear1992
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol my df tells me he "doesn't see the belly when he looks at me" and that I'm beautiful and that he loves me everyday haha I know he's full of it because I'm swollen everywhere, have gas really bad, and have a huge 38 weeks tummy. But his actions are the cutest :) he kisses me every mornin on the head before he goes to work, when we are shopping and I'm pushing the cart he comes behind me and hugs around means my tummy and kisses my neck and back I the head, and my fav is when he goes up to my tummy puts his hands on it and says "itsa babbyyy" hehe I love the actions he does :)
Mommabearbergh
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:49 AM
He tells me that my glow makes me even more beautiful and that he loves me and when your feeling round and miserable those are the things you need to hear
brittany208
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I dont know. He does compliment me (all the time, pregnant or not), but nothing sticks out as being especially wonderfully sweet or memorable.

He DOES worry about me constantly and is always trying to make life easier for me.

ttsmommy2008
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM
OP, that brought tears to MY eyes! lol

My wonderful guy compliments me all the time, and I love it...and NEED it.
It's so hard to feel good about yourself and how you look, when you feel so huge and absolutely miserable.

I'll say something about how huge and swollen I look (and am!), and he'll say, "You're not huge OR fat...you're pregnant! With our son! And you're beautiful...it's beautiful!"

Makes me cry...well, everything makes me cry, but it's so sweet, he's so sweet. ;-)
MamaScho88
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Last weekend my husband told me that I was pretty when we woke up :) and the night b4 that I caught him whispering in my ear that he loves me and that I'm his best friend (he thought I was sleeping lol)

When I was pregnant with our son (our first child together) he told me I was beautiful every single day...of course he was in Afghanistan at the time and didn't have to deal with my hormones lol

Married to the love of my life since 12/19/12, Mother to Miliana Elise since 03/03/2005, Ivan Elias since 12/21/08, Cristiano Alessio since 06/22/11, and expecting my little Shadiya Anais on 05/25/13

in lovetoddler girltoddler boytoddler boyexpecting girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured