Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

29 weeks & contractions

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hello ladies, I've been having Braxton's since about 26 weeks. Well today I was recording them every time they happened and I had one at 9:02pm , 9:23pm,9:34pm is this normal? They feel really tight and hard last for about 10-20 sec and the. Ease up. My mom insist that she take me to the ER to get checked but if this is normal I rather wake up my 4 year old and have to drag her with us to ER. My mom is freaking out be ause I'm high risk with a cerclage and the fact that I have birth to my daughter at 30 weeks.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Take a bath, and drink a few glasses of water. See how you feel after that! I wouldn't be to concerned. You can also get calcium magnesium to help ease the uterine contractions!!

Adrieana
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I was told not to take baths while having cerclage due to risk of infection. But I will try the calcium. Thanks you

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
wkukid
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Can you call and ask?

Luvmy2babies22
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:24 AM

if it's actual labor then they will continue to get worse, not better so then you'll know.  if they are BHC then just lay down and drink some water and see if they ease up.  if they are at regular intervals and not stopping plus increasing in intensity then you should probably get checked out.

TTC2Long
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:29 AM
4 or less per hour is normal. For some, like me, more than that is normal and doesn't progress toward labor. If hydration, nutrition and rest help slow them, you're fine. If that doesn't help or if they increase, call the doc. No need for the er otherwise. They can feel very tight, make it hard to breathe, be uncomfortable, even painful, but if they don't progress you to labor, i.e. cause cervical change, they are nothing to be concerned about. You may be over tired or dehydrated.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 1, 2013 at 2:00 AM

If you didn't have a cerclage, I would say to just ignore them. It's common to have braxton hicks earlier and more frequently with each pregnancy.

Since you are high risk and have a cerclage, you need to call your doctor or L&D and ask what they want you to do. Likely they will want you to come in for monitoring just to be safe. 

In the mean time, drink extra water and try a warm bath. That should help to ease them while you wait for a call back or whatever.

livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Given your history, and you having cerclage, I would go in and get checked. Better safe than sorry
mrsp1212
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Oh you will know when they are real!!

Jamonssmom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:38 AM

On discovery health they say we don't have braxton hicks. That happen to me eith my son at 5 1/2 months and I was put in the hospital and they gave me magnesium to stop it .Please don't wait go to the hodpital. I had to have an emergency cerclage to close my cervix. please let them know because you don't want an early baby. I had my son at 7month and he was so sick.

Jamonssmom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Your not suppose to take baths and no sex and strict bed rest. I went threw this twice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)