Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Leaving hospital with no name?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 12 Replies
Can u take baby home without giving it a name? I dk what baby is and I don't have names that I like picked out. I'm due today and was wondering if anyone has been able to take baby home without a name? Or do they make u do the bc paperwork In hospital?
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I can't imagine they can keep the kid LOL. I expect the moment you see your little one you will find the perfect name though :) We have a couple names we like, two favs. But I always no that it can change once I see baby!!

Momma-Bearof3
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Lol, I would hope they don't keep. I'm just having a hell of a time coming up with something that's not plain or dumb sounding lol this is #4 and I've nvr been this stumped!
NoraDun
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I bet you will know once you see the little one. And if not I have heard of people taking a week or more to decide. Take your time, your child deserves the best name you can come up with :)

Quoting Momma-Bearof3:

Lol, I would hope they don't keep. I'm just having a hell of a time coming up with something that's not plain or dumb sounding lol this is #4 and I've nvr been this stumped!

clintam
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM
My sister Took Her Daughter Home Without A Name Took Her 2 Weeks To Finally Name Her..
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM
I'm not sure. We always decide on a name soon after finding out baby's gender.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame0608
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:18 AM

My friends didn't have a name picked out before going in. It took them a couple of days to decide and they were really glad that they did! They wanted to get to know their kiddo first!

pacificamom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Quoting kmqw229:

I'm not sure. We always decide on a name soon after finding out baby's gender.

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Yes you can take them home without a name. You would just have to work out arrangements for the birth certificate. 

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Both the ones I went to you had to have a name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livingrlovesong
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:00 AM
I *think* that here you have to have a name because all the paperwork has to be filled out before you leave
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)