Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Eating nonstop!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 19 Replies
Hey Everyone, I'm about 7 weeks pregnant with my first child, and it seems like I am hungry ALL the time. Is this normal??
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lumismama822
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Yes it is :) With my first I ate a lot in the beginning, with my second all I wanted was meat lol I swear I could've eaten a whole cow the first couple months haha. With my third I didn't have that much in the first trimester..more so in the second. Your body has a lot going on right now and needs the extra energy. Just try to make healthy choices as much as you can..you have a long way to go and can't diet till its over ;)
Britt0913
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:34 AM
lol, good I'm glad it's normal. I guess I thought eating a lot would come later? That's how I feel now! I would love to just have my own cow right now...I can't get enough steak! Some people have been telling me, that because of my meat craving, I'm having a boy. I guess we'll see =)
itann
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM
It is very normal. But remember the weight gain as well. In my family except for me & my sis, everybody has diabetes. So the OB warned me from the very beginning abt my sugar intake. Too much weight gain also leads to swelling. The baby only needs 300 cal per day extra which is a bowl of cereal/ 8 oz of milk etc. I craved for pizza & burger so much. I had pizza only 2 times in my whole pregnancy. I guess it's better to take small healthy meals several times a day. It's very hard to say no to the cravings. But too much weight gain also makes life miserable later in pregnancy :(
mrsp1212
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Yes.  I have been lucky to have zero nausea or morning sickness w/ both my pregnancies, but I have immense hunger!  I wake up and go to bed thinking about food!  With my DD I gained about 34 lbs. and I am 29 wks now and gained 20, but I do exercise at least every other day to keep the weight off and I try, try not to overdo it, but it is so hard!  I feel sooo hungry when I am pregnant!

brittany208
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:52 AM

yes!

pregnantmama105
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM

im four weeks and am hungry all the time too lol

Vcoskey
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Yes definitely normal! That's actually how I knew I was pregnant! I'm never hungry in the mornings and I hate breakfast - but suddenly I was actually waking up with horrible hunger pains like I hadn't eaten in days!! I actually lost weight in the beginning by unintentionally kicking my metabolism into overdrive eating 6 small meals/snacks a day.

I gained 65lbs with my first and it was awful. I have been determined to make healthy choices. It's been easier since all I've really craved was fruit and cheese!
madamlinwe
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Yup, i totally did that, enjoy it while you can. it's possible that will happen before you morning sickness, where it seems you can't eat anything..lol

emilyelephant
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I gained 10 lbs before I even found out I was pregnant...:(

ImNotKarl
by on May. 1, 2013 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this

This is my second, and through the first trimester I couldn't keep anything down so I was starving. Now I'm in the third trimester and and I'm back to being hungry all the freaking time. It was the same with my son. First and third trimester all I wanted was to eat. And eat. And eat. Lately it's been the worst at night. During the day I can eat normal meals and a few snacks and be fine, but right about 10pm it feels like my stomach is eating itself and I eat like crazy, because if I don't I can't sleep.

Last night I have a cup noodle, a bowl of buttered peas, a bowl of white rice, a carrot, 2 Italian sausages, a tomato sandwich, and a pitcher of lemonade, all between 10pm and midnight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)