Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so tired of being told how to raise my baby...

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 6 Replies
Just kind of a rant... but he's not even here yet and I can't seem to get away from people telling me how to raise and care for him. I wish they would bugger off, this is my baby, not theirs and I plan to raise him as I was.
On the one hand there is all the people telling me not to let him play outside, when he's young to push him into religion, breast feed until he's 4, wake him up every two hours to eat. Not to tell him "no" if he gets into something, but to distract him. Etc etc etc.
I personally disagree with nearly everything they have said....how they raise their kid is there thing. But because I disagree and because of my religious/spiritual views I've gotten all kinds of threats about calling cps on me. Friggin ridiculous.... I could go on, but I won't. ...
by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kbear1992
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Trust me I know how you feel :/ me and my df live with his mom and OMG I hear it everyday and he is still in my stomach lol I'm 38 weeks today and this whole time I've gotten critasized by her... It's going to be horrid when he gets here I told df he better back me up and not his mom... Which I know will only happen 50% of the time sadly :/
siergomez
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Ugh, I havnt even thought about my mother in laws input yet. That should be fun.
kajira
by Emma on May. 1, 2013 at 4:14 AM

I won't judge. but I'll tell you, I get far more weird looks for having a home birth, being religious, and nursing extended period of time, then if I didn't. ^.^

kajira
by Emma on May. 1, 2013 at 4:15 AM

just do your thing, ignore them and healthy, happy kids says enough to shut most people up.

Quoting siergomez:

Ugh, I havnt even thought about my mother in laws input yet. That should be fun.

Living with Autism - The quirky kitty.

Our autistic Family - A Dad's point of view on living with Autism

siergomez
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Ooh I hope so. I plan on raising my kid the same way I was raised. He can pick his own beliefs and if he can ask for milk he doesn't need to get it straight from me... I find that really awkward. I didn't breastfeed at all... I was allergic and extremley premie, and now I'm just fine. No long term problems. I figure if my mother managed to keep me alive and healthy doing what she did then there is no reason it should be any diffrent for my son who is so far healthy, active, and going to be full term.

Quoting kajira:

just do your thing, ignore them and healthy, happy kids says enough to shut most people up.

Quoting siergomez:

Mommabearbergh
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Best line I ever said" if you didn't cock my legs up to put them there and you weren't the one pushing him out then you have no say. In the end your whole life people are going to try to tell you how to raise that baby but in the end they are not the babies parent. Before you know it their voices will turn into Charlie browns teachers voice and they won't matter
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured