Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should first time pregnant women celebrate Mother's Day?

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:10 AM
  • 108 Replies
If you don't have the baby, yet, but are pregnant, do you still celebrate being a mother?
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meg4763
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:18 AM
7 moms liked this

When I was pregnant with baby #1 I celebrated Mother's Day at home, and when at church when they asked all mothers to stand, I did.  In my eyes, once conception occurs, you have become a mother. :)

NDADanceMom
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM
I think its up to the individual.
KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I would say yes :)
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:44 AM
yes absolutely! this will be my second child but it'll be my SO's first so we'll be celebrating Father's Day :)
MizMellyMac
by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:49 AM
I didn't really with my first while I was pregnant but my FIL did send me flowers anyway. He is such a sweet man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM
That is up to each person.
MamaPanda16
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
3 moms liked this

When I was pregnant with my first, I celebrated with all the Mother's at church.  They had all the mothers stand up and the pastor actually made sure that I was standing up with all the mothers.  You are considered a mother the moment you find out you are pregnant but everyone is different though.

EvilAsh
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM

No, they're not mothers yet. That's stupid.

EvilAsh
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM

So someone that tests positive at 3-4 weeks and loses the baby is a mom? I never considered myself a mother before I gave birth and actually MOTHERED my children. I had a loss, I was not a mother.

Quoting MamaPanda16:

When I was pregnant with my first, I celebrated with all the Mother's at church.  They had all the mothers stand up and the pastor actually made sure that I was standing up with all the mothers.  You are considered a mother the moment you find out you are pregnant but everyone is different though.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
7 moms liked this
Of course, you're still a mom even if you haven't given birth yet. Are you growing the baby? Are you loving that baby? Are you scared for, planning for, and nurturing that baby? ...... What's the difference then?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured