Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Suddenly being induced..so scared!! **UPDATE ***

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 43 Replies
4 moms liked this

So I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday. I had a sonogram today because they were doing a follow up to one I had at 33 weeks because she was measuring small. well my fluid is low....so they are having me go into the hospital tonight and inducing me in the monring....I'm so scared!!! :'( Has anyone had this happen before??? Was everything okay?? I don't know what to expect :'( I want her to be okay!

My baby girl arrived healthy today at 11:15 am !!! Welcome Cambria Rae!!

by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica120911
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Oh wow that is scary, I'd be scared too. I have never been induced or experienced something like, I hope you have a safe delivery, and you and baby are okay and healthy!

Here's a bump, maybe someone else in the group has experienced this. Good luck!

amberleh
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM

My friend's sister had this, and they had to induce her at 34 weeks. She and baby came through perfectly healthy and fine, the baby just had to stay at the hospital a little while longer till she had put on some weight before they got to take her home. They are doing great though! Good Luck!

emilyelephant
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I had low fluid at 36 weeks, but it wasn't low enough to induce, so they sent me home to drink lots of water and it raised. Did your doctor dicuss that option or is it too low? Good luck!

coffeemom37043
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

No, just told me I had to go in at 7 =[

Quoting emilyelephant:

I had low fluid at 36 weeks, but it wasn't low enough to induce, so they sent me home to drink lots of water and it raised. Did your doctor dicuss that option or is it too low? Good luck!

fkh8ah
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Ive never been induced for that reason, but have been induced 3 times. It sounds scary, but just know you will be holding your little one very soon. Good luck and try to stay relaxed.
jamamama00
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I've been induced three times! It's nothing. Your c-section risk will be a bit higher, but who cares? Then your vag will stay almost-virginal:)

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

What was the level?
You have options and alternatives.    You might want to investigate those, avoid unnecessary risks.
Ask about them and for Informed Consent!

GL!

KatieFlower
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Everything will be okay :)

They will.most likely give you cervadil (it's like a tampon they stick in your vagina for 12 hrs to soften your cervix) unless you are 3cm or more I think

Then pitocin to start contractions when your body is ready.
And break your water when your body is ready

I had to do a few rounds of cervadil with you first

Everything is going to be just fine

Hugs
goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Birthing a baby vaginally really has no impact on whether it'll be tight or loose. i've had a vaginal birth and it didnt change it. i had a csection too. . and i rather push out one hundred ten pound babies. lol

Quoting jamamama00:

I've been induced three times! It's nothing. Your c-section risk will be a bit higher, but who cares? Then your vag will stay almost-virginal:)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livingforthem83
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Everything will be fine. I was induce 2 out of 4 times. As soon as they introduced pitocin my body started contracting. I didn't need much because my body naturally took over. I had fast labors. I know that it is different for everyone, but you have to have faith that everything will be ok.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)