Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

How many weeks?

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:35 PM
  • 30 Replies

How many weeks were you when you started picking and buying baby items? How many weeks are you going to be when you start picking out and buying you baby items. Not just the big baby items but also the small baby items.

When I hit 13 weeks I want to start buying gender neutral things such as bottles, pacifiers and things like that. I also want to buy the bigger items than also since Dh and I are buying gender neutral carseat, pack and play etc since we plan to have more children and really dont want to have to buy the opposite items incase we have a girl this time and boy next time or the other way around.
Once I find out what we are having I'm planning to start buying the clothes. I just hope it works out this way. Lol.

by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bchic24
by Tia on May. 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM
I was 20 weeks. I waited until I knew what I was having.
DaconosMommy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a shopoholic so this time I am starting early. Lol. I did that with both my other kids and realized I had forgotten things after they were born so I'm hoping since I'm starting early by the time she/he is here I will have everything I need.

Quoting bchic24:

I was 20 weeks. I waited until I knew what I was having.

Sondi7
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I'm 13 wks today. We've been picking up small things here and there, like bottles and bibs. We have our travel system, crib, and convertable carseat picked out but we haven't purchased them yet. I know we are getting the crib and rocker when I'm 17wks because my parents will be in town and they are buying it for us. We are also getting gender neutral things, like you, so we don't have to buy twice.
millafpcosta
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I have a few gender neutral things and a couple of girls stuff that were just too cute... if I have  boy thats totally OK I will just give them to one of my preggo friends. One of us will be having a girl for sure.

NoahsMommy1121
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM
We don't buy anything until we find out what were having (which is tomorrow). I'm not a fan of gender neutral things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsGrayciesMommy
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I hate neutral things. So both Times I started shopping a little after we found out gender. Then after my babyshower 32ish weeks) got whatever else we needed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLCrunch
by on May. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM

We got a bassinet by around 20 weeks but I waited for my baby shower around 32 weeks for the rest. I was annoyed that NO ONE listened when I insisted on gender neutral items during my pregnancy last year with DD. Now here I am pregnant with a BOY with numerous pink items to show for it. :(

wkukid
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I started buying basics at 12 weeks. We found out the gender at 17 weeks and went girl shopping crazy.

AScaredMomma
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM
We started at about fifteen weeks slowly accumulating things, still am missing things too since i despise shopping so much.
KPJ
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I did exactly the same thing you are planning to do.
My first pregnancy I bought a lot of 0-3months neutral clothes, neutral bouncer, playard, playmat, onesies and travel system stroller/car seat... And I had a girl....
Now I'm pregnant with baby boy and I can use all of those neutral items for him(saving me money$$$$) so all I have to buy now is boy clothes for all his other months of life, bottles, diapers etc.... :)

Quoting DaconosMommy:

How many weeks were you when you started picking and buying baby items? How many weeks are you going to be when you start picking out and buying you baby items. Not just the big baby items but also the small baby items.

When I hit 13 weeks I want to start buying gender neutral things such as bottles, pacifiers and things like that. I also want to buy the bigger items than also since Dh and I are buying gender neutral carseat, pack and play etc since we plan to have more children and really dont want to have to buy the opposite items incase we have a girl this time and boy next time or the other way around.
Once I find out what we are having I'm planning to start buying the clothes. I just hope it works out this way. Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN