Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

help im on the Implanon and i think im pregnant

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

im 18 years old and i have been on the Implanon for just about 13 months. i called my doctor today because i had bleeding for about 2 weeks. she told me that it was highly unlikely that i could be pregnant. however yesterday me and my boyfriend tried to have sex and i bled bad and it was all on him which has never happened. i feel pregnant my stomach is hard, my boobs hurt snd i have back and side pain. i also become moody and tried at school. i bought clear blue pregnancy test for in tbe morning. someone please help me !!

by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jessica120911
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM
All you can really do is take a pregnancy test, my sister had the implanon.got pregnant twice but didnt get the implanon taken out in time and caused her to have a miscarriage both times.
MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 1, 2013 at 8:57 PM

It just sounds like period symptoms to me, Implanon can make your period out of whack too, which would explain why you bled for two weeks, highly doubt that would mean you're pregnant.

blondeteen2014
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:41 PM

they only thing that gives me the idea im pregnant is my stomach is hard and kinda shapped like a bump 

shackelford8610
by on May. 1, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Not to scare u but I got pregnant on the implanon but unfortunately miscarried at thirteen weeks 

NDADanceMom
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Help you how? If you are bleeding that much from sex you aren't going to be pregnant for long. I'm nearly to my 4th month and i don't have a round hard belly yet. I also haven't bled at all for months.
If your fear is that you are going to be a mommy right now, it sounds like that shouldn't be a concern. No matter what the test says.
Supermommyof423
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I doubt you are pregnant. I thought i was pregnant a few times while on it myself. It turned out to be my period starting and me luv being extremely hormonal.
SSMama0209
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I had the same symptoms constantly while on the Implanon as did my sister. It can mimic pregnancy symptoms and excessive bleeding. It has a 99% success rate with preventing pregnancy. I had all the classic symptoms of being pregnant, minus the positive pregnancy test, I thought I was going crazy. I never was actually pregnant on it, but I got pregnant soon after getting it taken out though.

MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM

You could be bloated.  It honestly doesn't sound like you're pregnant.

Quoting blondeteen2014:

they only thing that gives me the idea im pregnant is my stomach is hard and kinda shapped like a bump 

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)