Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

a personal question *TMI SORRY*

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM
  • 15 Replies
So i get paranoid everytime i go to the bathroom because at 6 weeks pregnant i was bleeding...

yesterday me and my babies fathers had sex and since then my lower back has been hurting and i couldnt really walk because my pelvic bone hurt so much i couldnt move my legs. Anyway  I just went to the bathroom and with my paranoiah i was checking for blood but instead i see what looks like mucos.. is possible to be losing my mucos plug from having sex? and if i am losing my plug what can happen?

sorry for the questions this is my first pregnancy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alex815
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:04 AM
You could have the baby. Of you are concerned go to the hospital. To make sure.your OK
yuki_onna
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:13 AM

it wasnt very much the two times i went they were like dime sized. and then about 15 min later i went again and it was like a string of mucos... i want to try to wait to see if anything happens because my hospital is about an hr away... again i am sorry tmi

tamtam.momof2
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:16 AM

how far along are you ,, you could be going into labor,, i lost my plug over a weeks time but didn't dleliver until almost 2 weeks after that ,, but call your doc!

yuki_onna
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:19 AM

im 31 weeks and 4 days with twins but i dont feel contractions.. well i dont know what they are supposed to feel like 

heartagram_girl
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Depends on how far along you are. I lost my mucus plug Sunday night, and was contracting, but they went away. Doc said the plug can regenerate. Call the doc and talk to her- see what you need to do. The pelvic pain could be from baby's head pushing down on your nerves. But better be safe than sorry. If you cant get a hold of your doc, go ahead and go to the hospital.

CafeMom Tickers
brittany208
by on May. 2, 2013 at 7:43 AM

how far along are you? it is VERY normal to be crampy after sex. And losing your mucous plug can mean that labor is soon, if you are towards the end and dilating, but ive heard they can regenerate too. so it doesnt mean for sure that you are going into labor.

Clemency3
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM

A professional would be better suited to answer this question. So I would call up your doctor. How far along are you? Even when you make it to 40 weeks..u could lose your mucus plug at like 36 weeks and still not have baby till 40 weeks. Again, just to be sure, call the doctor. 

lillucky8
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I would call your provider, but it could be several things. It could be your partners juices, your juices, part of your plug, could be your body just cleaning out, your plug regenerates several times during pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Its most likely your mucus plug BUT it can regenerate so it doesn't mean baby is coming. Sex (orgasms) can also cause contractions which would explain the cramps. If you're worried, call your dr. That's what they're there for!

And btw I checked my panties and tp every time I went to the bathroom for my whole pregnancy last time bc I had a previous mc. I understand! ;)
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:54 AM

it can regenerate itself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)