Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

She considering an abortion...I want to offer to adopt the baby

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 41 Replies
1 mom liked this

A friend of mine who has been dating a married man (ugh, that's a whole post in itself) recently found out she's pregnant. He's pressuring her to chose aborton and she says she thinks she's going to go ahead with it.

I've thought offering to adopt the baby if she would consider it. We would love to add to our family but are unable to get pregnant again, though we are trying. 

What would you do? Would I be stepping out of line by offering? She knows we've been wanting another one.

by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvilAsh
by on May. 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's not your place. If she wants an abortion, that's what she wants and it's her choice to make. Plus, a married man... it's bad enough he cheated and she's a low-life that helped him, how do you think it'd make the wife and family feel to know he had a baby with her? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM

My best friend was in the same position as your friend...she found out she was pregnant and she wasnt sure she was going to keep it. I offered to adopt it and she agreed. After a while I asked her has she gone to the dr and she went behind my back to get an abortion...

I would say don't put your whole heart in adopting that baby because something might happen, like it did to me and I was so crushed.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
5 moms liked this

I don't think it's stepping out of line. I know if I knew someone considering abortion we would definitely ask if we could adopt the baby if she wasn't planning on keeping him/her. My friend did this and the mom accepted. By giving the mom another choice she saved the life of a beautiful baby girl. :-) Just be prepared that if this woman accepts then once the baby is born the mom could change her mind and want to keep the baby.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I think there's no harm in asking her its not the baby that should be punished for his parents choices but if you go through with this make sure you have a good attorney. If it were me I would ask her.

Good luck
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Nothing wrong with offering. As long as you don't go off on her if she doesn't accept.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 3, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Then make her the offer. 

Spring.Mom
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I personally Don't see it ending well... I see you loosing your friend or having your heart broken. Not only that but if the adoption does happen you would have to get the father (the married man) to consent to it legally which means signing paperwork from a lawyer and I'm sure he wouldn't be able to keep that from his wife... 

nicole2884
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM

its a sticky situation, but it can hurt to offer 

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM
4 moms liked this

I would absolutely adopt if it meant saving a childs life. I say go for it, and God bless you!

Devious103102
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

It never hurts to offer but be prepared for her to turn you down. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN