Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

The calm before the storm?? This ever happen to you

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 15 Replies
Ok so I'm 38.4 weeks tomorrow and Thursday I got checked and was 1cm and 80% effaced, I know that doesn't account for much at all.. But anyways I've been feeling contractions since 34 weeks and labor had to be stopped but contractions are still there, but yesterday and today baby has calmed down A LOT to the point I get scared some times but then he makes a little roll around lol on top of that it seems like I can't get enough sleep (I sleep sooo much now lol like a good 12 hours) and my contractions have slowed down I'm just wondering is there a "calm before the storm" where it almost feels as if you aren't pregnant?? Has that happened to you??
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kbear1992
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Bump!!
kbear1992
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Another bump?
brittany208
by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Didnt happen to me, but makes sense. I'd go with whatever your body is telling you. Rest as much as you need to. Baby will be here when baby is ready--maybe soon!

Samantha.Stetka
by on May. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I'm 38 weeks and 5 days today:) This is actually happening to me as we speek. Everytime I get monitored for slow activity they say what are you talking about, this is the most active baby I have ever seen! But now he really has slowed down, but I still feel him every once in a while. On my appointment Tuesday I was 1cm and very thin and soft. I'm hoping he makes his apperance soon! Going to go to a festival with ym niece and nephew and walk around to see if it starts things. Good luck!!:)

CafeMom Tickers
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Not with all my girls.

tammy_lynne
by on May. 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

This is what happened to me... I was 42 weeks pregnant with my son, and he was very active. Then the day I was 2 weeks late, he stopped moving.. for hours. I freaked out and thought there was something wrong. My husband and I went to the hospital, and surprise!!!! I was in labor. 

My doctor said they rest before their grand entrance lol. 

CafeMom Tickers
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Yea I always had a calm before the storm!!!

CelestialSong
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I don't recall that with mine, but she wasn't very active the last few weeks anyway. Just too squished in there, I guess :)

kbear1992
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Lol that's where I'm at too lol I get so worried then I feel him do a little roll then I'm ok but I still freak because he has been a very active baby (he's my first one and I started feeling him at about 17-19 weeks) lol I can definitely feel his head down low and my stomach looks like he has definitely dropped :) I keep trying to get up and walk my df took me to the mall Thursday and took me to get a mani pedi :) and we walked around maybe it sparked something because I've been getting a lot of discharge (sorry tmi)

Quoting Samantha.Stetka:

I'm 38 weeks and 5 days today:) This is actually happening to me as we speek. Everytime I get monitored for slow activity they say what are you talking about, this is the most active baby I have ever seen! But now he really has slowed down, but I still feel him every once in a while. On my appointment Tuesday I was 1cm and very thin and soft. I'm hoping he makes his apperance soon! Going to go to a festival with ym niece and nephew and walk around to see if it starts things. Good luck!!:)

kbear1992
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM
To were it feels like your almost not pregnant just really fat? Haha that's how I feel his movement have decreased so much to the point where I'm not even feeling preggo until I look in the mirror lol

Quoting NoraDun:

Yea I always had a calm before the storm!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN