Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Marriage is over :(

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:02 AM
  • 59 Replies
I have a one year old daughter and am almost 38 weeks pregnant with my son. I've been married two years to the guy that used to be my best friend. He doesn't act like he cares about me anymore. He's not attracted to me anymore. We discussed things and apparently he is "tired of being married". I moved out if state with him away from all of my family and friends and have no one where we are. He's going to fight tooth and nail to make sure I don't go back with the kids. If I don't go back I will not have the support I need to get back on my feet to take care of the kids and myself. He doesn't even want me to take them to visit. We've been completely isolated from my family. I'm scared he will take my babies away.
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof2kids306
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Girl that's nuts prayers for you. I would leave while he's at work. If he's tired of being married after 2 years thats horrible.

Quoting Burwell11989:

I have a one year old daughter and am almost 38 weeks pregnant with my son. I've been married two years to the guy that used to be my best friend. He doesn't act like he cares about me anymore. He's not attracted to me anymore. We discussed things and apparently he is "tired of being married". I moved out if state with him away from all of my family and friends and have no one where we are. He's going to fight tooth and nail to make sure I don't go back with the kids. If I don't go back I will not have the support I need to get back on my feet to take care of the kids and myself. He doesn't even want me to take them to visit. We've been completely isolated from my family. I'm scared he will take my babies away.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Burwell11989
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM
I wish I could but I don't have a way to. I don't have anywhere to go around here and it's too late to travel right now. He has the one car and all of our money in an account I don't have access to. And I was told if I leave state without the courts saying I can take the kids with me it's parental kidnapping :( and I won't leave my babies :(

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

Girl that's nuts prayers for you. I would leave while he's at work. If he's tired of being married after 2 years thats horrible.

Quoting Burwell11989:

Burwell11989
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:29 AM
I wish I could but I don't have a way to. I don't have anywhere to go around here and it's too late to travel right now. He has the one car and all of our money in an account I don't have access to. And I was told if I leave state without the courts saying I can take the kids with me it's parental kidnapping :( and I won't leave my babies :(

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

Quoting Burwell11989:

mommyof2kids306
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:37 AM
That's not right controlling. How is it parental kidnapping? Where do u live? If you both have custody then I don't understand that. Are you able to even talk to your family

Quoting Burwell11989:

Quoting mommyof2kids306:

Quoting Burwell11989:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Burwell11989
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:47 AM
I can talk to them but he doesn't want us around them. We are in West Virginia we moved here from Tennessee. And yeah he has gotten controlling. He was great at first. He was my best friend before we got together
kblpooh
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM
3 moms liked this
I would consult with a lawyer to see what your rights are. He sounds controlling and it sounds like he purposely had you move to trap you there with no support.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:13 AM

This.

Quoting kblpooh:

I would consult with a lawyer to see what your rights are. He sounds controlling and it sounds like he purposely had you move to trap you there with no support.

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I would pack up a few bags, load the kid up and take off while he is at work. If and when he calls your out running errands and get to your family as soon as possible. It will be a battle to the end, he sounds like the kind of guy who will make up lies to hurt your chances in court. And when you get back to Tennessee change your mailing address back there and file for divorce.
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:44 AM

He cant prevent you from taking your kids to visit. But he can file with the court to prevent you from moving out a certain distance from him unless you can prove its best for your children that you do so. The person who files for divorce/custody first is usually favored. Good luck. 

Jen4boys06
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Sounds like he is abusive.  You don't have access to your account?  That's crazy! What a very controlling man, especially for keeping you and your children away from your family.  Call a lawyer and see what your legal rights are.  Call the police and report him for abuse (sounds like he's mentally abusive, keeping you isolated from friends/family without access to money).  Best of luck honey!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured