Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I dont like the names anymore

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:01 AM
  • 6 Replies

When I was pregnant the first time (July 2012) df and I threw around a couple names.

We had Sadie Lucille and Caleb Leonidas. Pregnancy turned out ectopic and I almost died.

Now I am 5 wks or so. Pregnancy is in my uterus. I dont want to settle on these names.

I like the Lucille part. That is my grandmas name. She and I were very close. I like the Caleb part of the next name because tradition on df side of family. The middle name of the father is the first name of the son.

Because of that tradition, I do not want my sons middle name Leonidas. That means if he has a son and wants to continue this, my grandchild will have to be names Leonidas (as a first name, I do not like).

What do I do?

I have plenty of time to try to talk him out of it, but how do I?

Df's best friend has a son with the middle name Mathias (scorpion king...I am sure I spelled it wrong). Its kind of like he is in a manly competition with his friend over cool/odd names for their kids.

Help me!!

by on May. 4, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Wheepingchree
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I love the name Lucille. I would just tell him, let's think of some other names - you have lots of time!!
hopeym23
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Just tell him and tell him your reasoning.

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:23 AM
I really like Sadie!!! And Leonidas is a pretty cool name I like 'Leo' for a nickname! The other names not so much but they aren't horrible names either they flow well. Anyhow that being said when SO and I got pregnant in 2011 we picked Dane Bruce and Layla Jo. The middle name of the boy is SO dads first name and the girl middle name is his moms middle name. We had a m/c and never found out the sex so we kept those names. We got pregnant September last year and up until a few months ago (due may 15th) I loved the girl name. I talked to SO and he was ok with the name change for our girl name because I ended up not wanting to use Layla. It is now Ellie.
Just talk to him he might be ok with it and tell him there are plenty of other cool, unique and masculine names for your sons name and more beautiful names for the girl names!! Good luck!
ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 9:03 AM
You have so much time. I'm pretty sure I'll still be deciding when tgis baby boy comes out!!

Just talk to your SO its as much your choice as his. At least youare wanti.g to stick with tradition and not changing that he should work with you!
EvilAsh
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:05 PM

You don't need to settle. Personally, after a loss, I wouldn't use those names for the next child, but that's just me.

shell3m
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:25 AM

just tell him how you feel and start a list of other names. 

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)