Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Advice Needed: What pains are normal during pregnancy

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

What pains are normal during pregnancy? This is my 1st pregnancy that went this far and I am having sharp pains and constant dull aches. I am scared it's something bad but everytime I go to the e.r. with some kind of pain they say it's nothing. 

by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Sharp pains aren't good is what my OB told me and I'm 20 weeks pregnant with baby #2
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM

It depends on where the pains are, etc. Round ligament pains are sharp and pull across the belly. Dull aches in the belly can be from stretching! Pains in the hips can be from your ligaments stretching causing hip pains bad enough it may hurt to walk, roll over, etc. Back pains are pretty common as well. I have never had sharp pains that ended up being bad. Even my contractions weren't concerning pains. It was more just stomach tightning and pressure. I wouldn't run to the hospital for every twinge etc. Just try to relax, drink lots of fluid, get some calcium/magnesium, and enjoy your pregnancy!!

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 2:42 PM
I think.. generally any pain that Isn't in you uterus can gnerally be explained (this would be like hip, back, pelvis, side (like from hip bones up) pain is unconcerning. Even sharp pain in the side is probably just stretching pain. (Coughing about Killed meearly on it hurt so so bad)

Id call your doc before going to the er unless its excruciating pain or you are bleeding. How far are you? I'm in absolutely constant pain from one thing or another at 28 weeks lol
brittany208
by on May. 4, 2013 at 2:57 PM

how many times have you gone to the ER?

pains can be normal. i have had sharp round ligament pains and dull aches and pains all pregnancy.

Bonkaz
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:31 PM

i went like 4 times in my 1st trimester..and two different hospitals. I am just worried because I have miscarried a few times before and i have the rh factor thing. 

Quoting brittany208:

how many times have you gone to the ER?

pains can be normal. i have had sharp round ligament pains and dull aches and pains all pregnancy.

Bonkaz
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I am 20 weeks too :) but its just my 1st baby...

Quoting krystyneh:

Sharp pains aren't good is what my OB told me and I'm 20 weeks pregnant with baby #2

Bonkaz
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM

i am 20 weeks and i usually dont complain about pain..then again what person with piercings would... but the sharp pains bring me to my knees a lot of the time.

Quoting ajohnson08099:

I think.. generally any pain that Isn't in you uterus can gnerally be explained (this would be like hip, back, pelvis, side (like from hip bones up) pain is unconcerning. Even sharp pain in the side is probably just stretching pain. (Coughing about Killed meearly on it hurt so so bad)

Id call your doc before going to the er unless its excruciating pain or you are bleeding. How far are you? I'm in absolutely constant pain from one thing or another at 28 weeks lol

Bonkaz
by on May. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM

right now i'm having the sharp pains on my sides and the dull pain in the middle of my stomach..and a few sharp pains near my bellybutton.. and a tightness near the bellybutton after the sharp pain goes away.. and yes the hips and back hurt but i kinda figured that was normal.

Quoting NoraDun:

It depends on where the pains are, etc. Round ligament pains are sharp and pull across the belly. Dull aches in the belly can be from stretching! Pains in the hips can be from your ligaments stretching causing hip pains bad enough it may hurt to walk, roll over, etc. Back pains are pretty common as well. I have never had sharp pains that ended up being bad. Even my contractions weren't concerning pains. It was more just stomach tightning and pressure. I wouldn't run to the hospital for every twinge etc. Just try to relax, drink lots of fluid, get some calcium/magnesium, and enjoy your pregnancy!!

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I get you there tattoo momma here. The belly pains I've had were the same. But the didn't last. I guess that isdifferent too if its a constant unbearable pain call the dr.

It gets worse I'm afraid baby one here also

Quoting Bonkaz:

i am 20 weeks and i usually dont complain about pain..then again what person with piercings would... but the sharp pains bring me to my knees a lot of the time.

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Bonkaz
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM

this is off topic..but what kind of tattoos do you have?

i was going to get tattooed but then i found out i was gonna be a mommy

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Lol I get you there tattoo momma here. The belly pains I've had were the same. But the didn't last. I guess that isdifferent too if its a constant unbearable pain call the dr.

It gets worse I'm afraid baby one here also

Quoting Bonkaz:

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)