Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you got pregnant while taking BC..

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 8 Replies
what was your experience? Did you take your pills correctly? Did an antibiotic cause failure? Did you still have withdrawal bleeding when you finished the pill pack?

Thanks ladies...
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
calcalmommy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Bump :)
calcalmommy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Bumpity :p
Mariah-1987
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:05 PM
With my first I was 2 months before I even knew. I had just went on bc pills so I didn't pay attention to the missed period 4 weeks later cause they said that could be a side effect. And with this one it was antibiotics.
calcalmommy
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Quoting Mariah-1987:

With my first I was 2 months before I even knew. I had just went on bc pills so I didn't pay attention to the missed period 4 weeks later cause they said that could be a side effect. And with this one it was antibiotics.

Did you use a backup after the antibiotic?
EvilAsh
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I just started the pill the month before getting pregnant with my 2nd daughter. I stopped as soon as I found out. Apparently I wasn't taking them the right way or something because a very healthy, loud, almost 3 year old proves that now.

I had bleeding with her throughout the whole first trimester for days at a time. The docs weren't concerned with it. They basically told me it was more than likely from having the babies so close together. (My first was 6 months old when I got pregnant).

JennyLee24
by on May. 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM
I got pregnant with my 2nd dd after being on the pill for 1 year after i had my 1st dd. I always took my pill exactly right and did nothing to alter its effectiveness..I still got pregnant. I knew when i had missed the 1st day of my period..i didnt bleed..gotta test that day and was probly 4 wks preggo and i did stop the pill as soon as i found out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariah-1987
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM
No wasn't to worried beings how we rarely ever had sex and look at me haha

Quoting calcalmommy:

Quoting Mariah-1987:

Did you use a backup after the antibiotic?

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I took it every day and well it just didn't work that month for some reason. Not sure why. Sadly it ended in miscarriage at 5 weeks. Then we got pregnant using a condom last year. Looked like every other condom we have ever used and it did not come off. Sadly we lost baby at 6/7 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)