Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

40 weeks pregnant, almost no fetal movement? UPDATE! (hospital)

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:45 AM
  • 76 Replies
So I'll be 40 weeks on monday (may 6th) and today I've had little to no fetal movement all day. Yesterday it was sort of the same thing and I had a doctors appointment and I told them what was going in along with my symptoms I've been having and she suggested I go to the hospital. So I did after running errands and I felt like our was a waste of time. They drew blood, had me attached to a machine the whole time, they told me my blood pressure was fine. (my doctor told me mind was elevated). I was dizzy, thirsty, (though I drank more than a gallon of fluid) lightheaded, seeing stars, fuzzy, and had migraines that would not go away.

Now today I feel like crap, I can't breath out my nose, my neck is sore, it all started this morning when my tongue started feeling funny. I think I caught something from the hospital ...

Back on track- I haven't felt him move all day until like 5 pm. (its 11:37 pm right now) then out was just a simple kick, I felt him move less than 10x all day and its starting to freak me out. My dh thinks he's just running out of room, but I'm starting to get concerned.

Also, I'm not sure if I lost my mucous plug but at L/D yesterday they told me I was 1% dialated (and 50% effaced). This is my first pregnancy and I'm clueless as to what to expect...

UPDATE: So its now 5 am. I'm FINALLY feeling some movement, I would up to pee and felt him move but I think I might still try to convince dh to take me to the doctor later on.

Also, I feel SICK AS A DOG! My whole body is sore, and my nose is both runny and stuffy. :( I hate being sick, but can be being sick affect my baby as well?
I haven't felt him kick or hiccup just movements

EDIT: I'm in the hospital now. Convinced hubby to take me :) apparently I'm contracting, and I don't feel shit. Weird... This happen to anyone?

UPDATE: I LEFT THE HOSPITAL! I was there from like 4 pm- 9:30 they swabbed me to check for the flu, they checked my cervix twice. First nurse said I wasn't dialated. Which I knew was BULLSH*T because they tools new I was 1 cm last time I went to the doctor. So the next nurse checked me and corrected the last one. They took a urine test to see if I had anything. Turns out I'm good, no flu, no uti, no fever but the nurse even told me I felt hot.

They monitered me because they said I was having contractions and they wanted to make sure I wasn't in preterm labor. So I asked the doctor if I was considered preterm at 40 weeks and then he corrected himself, lol.

They also told me if baby wasn't out by 41 weeks they were going to induce me. Them he said "sadly" their c-section rate is quite high for people who get induced here......great..so much for natural birth.
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaKatesMom902
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Go back! Make them listen!
Alyssa1988-21
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:51 AM
I would call my doc and tell him that the hospital just dismissed everything you said (if she is good doctor she will make them listen too you).
Mommabearbergh
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Well at forty weeks the baby can't move as much because are running out of room. If the checked the babies heart rate and the baby was showing no signs of distress I wouldn't worry about it but if it still bothers you then return to l&d
november117
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Go back. Make them listen. I had pih with both of mine. I had to wait until 39 & 40 weeks before they would induce me. Just encouraged lots of fluids and bed rest. How well have you been eating? Some of those symptoms go hand in hand with low blood sugar as well.
KalebsMommy7408
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I would be going to L&D

krystyneh
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I would go to L&D
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Honestly, I'm not trying to scare you i promise. Make them listen to you!!!! Last year i was due May 28th, on that day (in the evening) i had realized that i hadn't felt my baby move at all that day even after trying to get her to move. I called my midwife and she had me go straight to the hospital. I was reluctant at first cause i had spent the previous night in the hospital because i was feeling like crap but baby looked great on the monitors then. So i get to the hospital that night (my due date) and they hook me up to the monitors and my baby was gone. At 40wks my baby had no heart beat.

Before this i would have told you to relax and that baby has less room but honestly i would push for an ultrasound. Good luck and again I'm not trying to scare you.
KPJ
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:11 AM
This...
And you should go to your doctor right away!

Quoting Alyssa1988-21:

I would call my doc and tell him that the hospital just dismissed everything you said (if she is good doctor she will make them listen too you).

Bellarose0212
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Can you request an ultrasound? Maybe a biophysical profile?

LizzieAnnesMom
by on May. 5, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Go back. Make them listen. Request sn u/s
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN