Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If I hear it one more time...

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 37 Replies
4 moms liked this

I am so sick of hearing people tell me, "You should have your babies on XYZ date because my mom/brother/cousin-twice-removed has their birthday/anniversary/graduation on that day!" 

Really??!?

What makes anyone think that I am going to hold these babies in my body for a longer/shorter amount of time just because it is what THEY want?? It is frustrating that my parents anniversary, my cousin's birthday, and my father in law's birthday are all around the time that the twins will be born. Everyone is saying what a gift it will be for them if they are born on their special day.  But my point of view--they are already having to share a birthday with each other. I want a day that is just for them, not a day where someone sits and gloats that they get them on their day. It is not a competition! 

Sorry. Just needed to get that out of my system... :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clemency3
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I would totally say that to people as well. There is nothing disrespectful about saying it to them and if that is how they feel then it is their problem. Personally I have been saying how awesome it would be to have my baby on Halloween or if he or she comes late then on my Birthday. But that is me saying it. If other people were to say it..it would eventually get to me where I would have to say something. 

5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh people have been saying that to u also lol I have old people saying that to me
Devious103102
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't you love it?!  Drives me batshit crazy!  This baby is due on my fathers bday so he keeps saying I need to name the baby after him now, and my aunt is like "Oooh, your cousin's bday is Oct 1, have the baby then".. I don't even barely speak to her! I like my children being born on THEIR days, not anyone else's.

ajohnson08099
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol yea wnyone tat says "oh bobby jos bday is july 25" (I'm due the 27) I kind of just look at them with those dead eyes lik this matters whyy??

Though... I Do find it amusing my brothers babys duedate is his and his ex wifes anniversary. Karma on that one.
baseballmom1211
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't agree more with you! With my youngest daughter, who was born in October, the busiest month in both mine and DH's family, everyone was like, "you can't have baby on this day"..my mil was the worst..she was so sure dd was going to be born on her birthday and then was pissed when I had her the day before..which is 2 days after my birthday! GAAAHHH!! people are so obnoxious with when a pregnant woman can/cannot have her baby!

brittany208
by on May. 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I would just say something like "okay, I'll tell baby to mark it on his calendar" and change the subject. because--how silly!--obviously baby's don't have calendars! so it would be humorous, not rude, but get the point across.

brandie1470
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I agree with you. Lucky for me I never had to share my bday with anyone. I have 2 sisters born june 16, 17 and my neice and grandma on 18. Sister used to have to share alot

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Well obviously no matter what they will share their birthdays with someone somewhere. I would try not to let it bother you!

CelestialSong
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I hated hearing that too! I was due in July with my first, so people thought July 4th would be absolutely patriotically precious. Then my cousin has a birthday later in July and was hoping she would stick around until then (10 days after my due date).

This one is due in November and I'm 100% sure people will start talking about having a "Thanksgiving baby."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN