Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Had my u/s and feeling weird about it pic included

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 32 Replies

Mobile Photo

Went in for my appointment this afternoon, I only kept the appointment because my pcp told me too. I know it is early, based on LMP I am 6 weeks and 2 days. Feeling a little disappointed or scared or something.. I have to go back next week for another one to gauge how far along I am because she clearly didn't know.. Did blood work today and doing it again Wednesday.. I mean I am not surprised I didn't see much on the ultrasound but I feel like she thinks there is something wrong ad isn't telling me... :( any input? Advice??
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Britty1987
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Hmmm...I don't know but here's a bump!
1st_time_mom789
by on May. 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I had the same thing. When I got my positive PT I called my ob and made an appt. She did an u/s and that's exactly what it looked like. I went back two weeks later and the u/s had changed dramatically. Hang in there mama!

mem82
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM

It looks about right for an Ultra sound this early. 8) A few days can make a HUGE difference!

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Thanks everyone... I am just so nervous about this pregnancy for some reason
MrsLondon
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Hmmm.. Never had a US that early on so I don't know what it should look like.

nicole2884
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM

there really isnt much to see that early an this is why my doctor doesnt do them before 8 weeks because she doesnt want to freak new moms out basically

i would not worry , wait for the blood work are they doing one or two draws 

Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Yeah my first pregnancy they didn't do one till 12 weeks but she said since I was there she would do it. They are doing two blood draws. I do another one Wednesday.

Quoting nicole2884:

there really isnt much to see that early an this is why my doctor doesnt do them before 8 weeks because she doesnt want to freak new moms out basically

nicole2884
by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Quoting Mittenmommie:

Yeah my first pregnancy they didn't do one till 12 weeks but she said since I was there she would do it. They are doing two blood draws. I do another one Wednesday.

Quoting nicole2884:

i would not worry 

good luck

MichaelsMom0711
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Try not to worry, youre still so early so the baby is so small they probably just want to take a look again later. I had an ultrasound with this baby around 6 weeks cuz I had spotting so at the ER they do it as a precaution and he just looked like  a little tiny blob! I had one about 4 weeks later and the little arms and legs were moving all over and he looked like a little peanut shaped baby! Those couple weeks make a huge difference with growth, I'm sure theres nothing wrong! :)

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 6, 2013 at 4:54 PM

That is a bit odd that she is wanting to recheck everything if you haven't had any physical signs of trouble. You are still early enough that it is normal not to see a heartbeat or anything else for that matter. You should talk to her and let her know about your concerns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)