Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Have any of you ever had a false positive?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 24 Replies
So Saturday morning I took a pregnancy test and after a minute or 2 it just said negative so I left it in the bathroom and went to nap. I looked at it again later and it said positive. Maybe I'm just paranoid I'm not sure but I'm afraid that it could be wrong especially after I read online if you read the results after 3-5 minutes it is invalid. I still feel like I am pregnant. I feel like my body is changing. I am taking another test tomorrow but I'm feeling really anxious and I hate waiting. Lol
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
threat
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 7:24 PM
If it show up negative that could be wrong but don't count on results that occur past 10 mins. I had the same thing happen to me once and it turned out I wasn't pregnant. I've also had test say negative when a week later I found out I was pregnant so I t could go either way but the best way to test is with the first morning urine. Good luck!
ChandraSeay
by on May. 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Thanks. I'm not really sure when the test showed up positive since I left the bathroom quickly and didn't come back for a while. Oh well I'll know tomorrow hopefully.

Quoting threat:

If it show up negative that could be wrong but don't count on results that occur past 10 mins. I had the same thing happen to me once and it turned out I wasn't pregnant. I've also had test say negative when a week later I found out I was pregnant so I t could go either way but the best way to test is with the first morning urine. Good luck!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM

If you saw a line AFTEr the time limit was up, it's not a line or positive at all.

mama2gg
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Tests after time limit are invalid there is no such thing as a false positive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM

If it shows up out of the time frame its normally an evap. I have however had colored positives in the time frame and not been pregnant unfortunately!

ChandraSeay
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I'm not sure if the positive appeared out of the time frame or not since I left after only a minute or 2 and didn't check again for a while. I will take another tomorrow to be sure but I know I am having all kinds of pains and I can usually tell when I'm pregnant.

Quoting NoraDun:

If it shows up out of the time frame its normally an evap. I have however had colored positives in the time frame and not been pregnant unfortunately!

DaconosMommy
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I've had it happen to me and I was actually pregnant. I looked at the test didnt see any thing and left. When I looked at it later there was a line so I took another test and it was positive. Good luck and fingers crossed for you.

forsakenjewl24
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM

this!

Quoting mama2gg:

Tests after time limit are invalid there is no such thing as a false positive

pregnancy

babies
ChandraSeay
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Quoting DaconosMommy:

I've had it happen to me and I was actually pregnant. I looked at the test didnt see any thing and left. When I looked at it later there was a line so I took another test and it was positive. Good luck and fingers crossed for you.

NDADanceMom
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I had a positive and still got a regular period. I think it may have been chemical though
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN