Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i think..its time for a new doc.....

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:00 AM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this
Kind of a ramble/vent...... K so... I'm 34 weeks now... I guess... they can't seem to make up their minds. Anyways, went in for my little check up and was more or less chit chatting with the OB and asked what would go on the birth certificate since my husband (and yes, baby daddy) is native american, and I'm white as they come.....she asked me if I was the mother..... I laughed it off at first....until I relized she was serious.
I brought this up mostly because she usually thinks I'm an unwed, knocked up, teenage hispanic girl. You know, with a wedding ring, tattoos and piercings, and natural blonde hair, pale green eyes and being too dang pale for the porceline foundation makeup...crap... yeah. Among those things she has already told me nnumerous times I need to get rid of my cats.... not happening.... and my reptiles..also...not happening. I just find this woman annoying, and now I know why she is usually the available OB.
by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:47 AM

If she isn't a right fit for you, then I would go find a new doctor.

siergomez
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I just think she's a bit of a ditz, I've been back and forth between a few. I really don't know what a good one would be. =/ and since I'm about to pop I'm a bit nervous about straying from the couple I've seen. I'm probably just being ridiculous though. As long as she delivers him well (if hubby doesn't do it) than I think we are all good. Maybe a second opinion wouldn't hurt though.

Sorry, rambled a bit.

Quoting meam4444:

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM

A second opinion never hurts!  I know I need to feel completely comfortable with my maternity care.  Good luck!!

Quoting siergomez:

I just think she's a bit of a ditz, I've been back and forth between a few. I really don't know what a good one would be. =/ and since I'm about to pop I'm a bit nervous about straying from the couple I've seen. I'm probably just being ridiculous though. As long as she delivers him well (if hubby doesn't do it) than I think we are all good. Maybe a second opinion wouldn't hurt though.

Sorry, rambled a bit.

Quoting meam4444:

siergomez
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I think ill do that, just to be safe. Thanks =)

Quoting meam4444:

A second opinion never hurts!  I know I need to feel completely comfortable with my maternity care.  Good luck!!

Quoting siergomez:

Sorry, rambled a bit.

Quoting meam4444:

angevil53
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I'm not sure what you're asking about the birth certificate. None of ours have a race on them.
siergomez
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Really? Both my husbands and mine do, (nevada and texas) I wonder if its the state or the hospital that does it? my last sonographer and I had talked about it a bit.

Quoting angevil53:

I'm not sure what you're asking about the birth certificate. None of ours have a race on them.

angevil53
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Ours just say mother's maiden name and place of birth besides baby and father stuff. Mo

Quoting siergomez:

Really? Both my husbands and mine do, (nevada and texas) I wonder if its the state or the hospital that does it? my last sonographer and I had talked about it a bit.

Quoting angevil53:

brittany208
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:09 AM

yeah, you  have to find a good dr. the lady i went to first, with my first pregnancy--was AWFUL! we waited so long in her office i was literally almost asleep on DH's shoulder. When she came in she said, "oh, so you're 23 weeks now?" Um no... I'm 23 years old... I'm only 10 weeks! When she was doing my pap, she was talking to my DH about hockey.And she was wearing crocs. It was awful. lol

ambermarie2006
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM
What does nationality matter on BC? I have never seen that on BC
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
siergomez
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Hmmm. Interesting. I guess I will just have to find out in a few weeks then.
I just took a peek at mine and his, they both have parents ethnicity, childs ethnicity, and the basics. My husband is listed as hispanic though, so I think that'll win out.

Quoting angevil53:

Ours just say mother's maiden name and place of birth besides baby and father stuff. Mo

Quoting siergomez:

Quoting angevil53:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)