Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

pregnant and hv a 4yr old...how do you deal

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this

so of course having a 4yr old is "joy" in itself, but once u add on the stresses of pregnancy how do you cope. not saying everyday is a tough day, but there are definitely times when she demands her attention or she acts out for attention and my energy level is shot and my patience is short. you guys have any ideas for inexpensive or at home activities to keep her occupied. im 22wks and shes already tired of hearing the baby excuses and i dont want to talk about it too much with her and make her despise having a lil brother coming. any ideas or advice? thanks moms!

by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Mine has a lil brother, his dad, a laptop, school and homework to keep him occupied. I do what I can when I feel and I let him know when his behavior is out of hand. Put her on the computer and teach her how to play games. Get her on starfall and do her alphabet with her.
livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I know what you mean. We have a 6 year old, a 5 year old, two 3 year olds, a 2 year old, and a 1 year old. They are very demanding at times. And being pregnant is very hard on top of that.

Look on Pinterest. I found a ton of crafts to do with our little ones. We also found some really neat outdoor toys on clearance at Walmart and KMart for them. Make flash cards for letters and numbers. Go to Dollar Tree and get crafts, and preschool workbooks and things. There is actually a ton to do there. Good luck!
imjustme28
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

Mine has a lil brother, his dad, a laptop, school and homework to keep him occupied. I do what I can when I feel and I let him know when his behavior is out of hand. Put her on the computer and teach her how to play games. Get her on starfall and do her alphabet with her.

yea she has all type of devices to keep her busy, but since i've been pregnant, she want more mommy time. there are times when she will do her own thing and keep herself busy, but im now having a hard time with the times she act out. im praying she get better by the time baby get here. i really think she will be a great helper...at least i hope so lol

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I have a 4 and 6 year old and it's been fine. They have their moments but will pregnant or not. They've been such a big help.

mommyof2andTTC
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Mine loves that im preg with her first brother (she has a sister) but she tells me im getting huger even though im not... but I shower mine with attention while also slipping in little tidbits that she can teach her little brother "xyz" because she's so smart and going to be such a great big sister... we do arts and crafts that we make for her daddy and for her brother that we will put around (up high) around the crib... we also let her and her big sister pick out the crib,, sheets,, car seat,, etc... because it helps her be a part of this preg too... her older sister is almost 8 and understands but my just turned 5 yr old is used to being the baby so its a slight adjustment... she loves babies though... good luck!

Mommy of 2 girls & Pregs!  twin girls & pregnant belly

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Redirect her to what she'd usually be doing when she does that. My 3 year old is under me like that. But he always had been so I had to start redirecting him. My four year old started acting starved for attention and we had to have a talk about negative vs positive attention and him knowing which he wanted. Then when he's working my nerves he gets redirected, when he's acting out the same. Took a few weeks at first but he got the point. Hang in there.

Quoting imjustme28:

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

yea she has all type of devices to keep her busy, but since i've been pregnant, she want more mommy time. there are times when she will do her own thing and keep herself busy, but im now having a hard time with the times she act out. im praying she get better by the time baby get here. i really think she will be a great helper...at least i hope so lol

imjustme28
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:59 AM

cool thanks guys! i will try to find more activities for her to do. im sure its just a phase and will get better.

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I am the same way, I'm a little over 9 weeks and my soon to be 5 year old is driving me crazy. She's always been an attention hog and now when I get home from work and picking her up all I wanna do is lay on the couch and chill. I think she's getting fed up but I've started letting her play computer games and watch spongebob more. Once I get my energy back we'll start doing more things outside.
imjustme28
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Quoting marissabrookee:

I am the same way, I'm a little over 9 weeks and my soon to be 5 year old is driving me crazy. She's always been an attention hog and now when I get home from work and picking her up all I wanna do is lay on the couch and chill. I think she's getting fed up but I've started letting her play computer games and watch spongebob more. Once I get my energy back we'll start doing more things outside.

yea i've start letting her sleep in the bed with me more since thats where we get more active time. i dont have to move around much. she will bring all games and movies to my bedroom

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I'm so weird about that because if my DD starts getting those priveleges, she starts acting spoiled so we don't let her lay in our bed with us but we do other fun things.

Quoting imjustme28:

Quoting marissabrookee:

yea i've start letting her sleep in the bed with me more since thats where we get more active time. i dont have to move around much. she will bring all games and movies to my bedroom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN