Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What do you use for stretchmarks?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you use to prevent stretchmarks?

Options:

Palmers cocoa butter

Bio Oil

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 10

View Results

I use bio oil!

It worked really well on my stomach and boobs when I was pregnant with #1. I only got stretch marks on my butt and a couple on the inside of my thighs because I didn't think to put the bio oil there. So with #2 I've been using the bio oil on my thighs, butt, back, boobs and stomach since we started trying in January. lol

by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EvilAsh
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Nothing works, lol, so nothing. I'm apparently just prone to stretch marks. You either  get them or not.

Alexa03
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:46 AM

With my first pregnancy I used Palmers cocoa butter, had no stretch marks anywhere I put it on except a few on my breasts.  What is Bio oil??

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on May. 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Nothing prevents them. If you're going to get them, you WILL get them. 

Heather2001
by Heather on May. 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I've tried everything, still got them with every pregnancy.  It's genetic.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM

nothing they can be genetic

i have them everywhere but i dont care anymore

smorgan865
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I use Great Mother's Belly Butter. Worked great pregnancy #1. I wasn't as diligent this time and I have a couple stemming from my old belly button ring.

I'm so disappointed :(
abigailsmommy11
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:58 AM

here is a review comparing bio-oil and cocoa-butter, can someone make it clicky?

hudabeauty.com/2011/05/06/bio-oil-vs-cocoa-butter-what-one-really-battles-stretch-marks/

p.s. It's really not that hard to find, but the one time I had trouble finding it, I asked a store to order some for me and they kept it stocked for a good 6 months after that. I also do not go through it as fast as she does.

Quoting Alexa03:

With my first pregnancy I used Palmers cocoa butter, had no stretch marks anywhere I put it on except a few on my breasts.  What is Bio oil??

tommyfan5
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM

i tried everything except bio oil and i have them everywhere so when i finally get pregnant with number 2 im going to try that to prevent new ones

abigailsmommy11
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:28 PM

That's great because Bio-oil also fades existing stretch marks and scars! :) I love it!

Quoting tommyfan5:

i tried everything except bio oil and i have them everywhere so when i finally get pregnant with number 2 im going to try that to prevent new ones

brittany208
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I don't use anything. I read that nothing works, you'll get them if you get them, so I dont bother. I did use Palmer's for a bit with my first, but I dont know if it did anything. And I used some baby oil in the shower this time just to help with itching and keep my skin soft.

Anyways, I think I saw some stretch marks on me somewhere... but they are light and small enough that I dont even know where they are. I dont know if I could even find them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN