Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Maternity Leave

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

If you work and plan on working after baby, how long are you going to take for maternity leave?  Will you get paid?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
brittany208
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I am working part-time now, and will right up until the end. I will go back to work eventually... not sure when though. I am hoping to stay home a year or so, but if we dont stop spending so much, I might be back to work before Christmas, lol. So we'll see.

In the meantime, I will be an unpaid SAHM. BUT DH and I have always based our budget on his income alone so I dont HAVE to work. When I do work (on and off here and there) my paycheck goes to the extras: like paying down debt, buying a car, buying a house, going on vacation... never monthly bills.

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM

SAHM here, but Hubby gets 6 wks paternity leave paid!

MichaelsMom0711
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I will be working up until the end unless I'm told not to by my Dr. Once I leave I think we supposedly get 6 weeks paid leave but I will be taking at least 8-10, probably more if I end up needing a c-section. I will just call when the 6 weeks is about to be up and let them lknow that needs to be extended!

andymom2be
by on May. 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM
I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and I'm going on maternity leave this week. I thought about taking 12 weeks off but once the baby comes I'll start getting paid.
brittany208
by on May. 7, 2013 at 1:04 PM

That's amazing!!! I thought we were lucky that DH will be able to take a week's vacation time when baby is here!

Quoting NoraDun:

YzmaRocks
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Nice!! My hubby has to go back the day after the birth, unless baby is born on a weekend :(

Quoting NoraDun:

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM

With our first my Hubby never got to attend an apt (other then the gender u/s) and had to go back to work while I was still in the hospital. But when we conceived our second Hubby changed jobs. He got to attend every apt, and got 6 wks off after delivery with both our second and third. Hubby works 5 on 5 off now so we schedule each apt on his 5 day off weekend, and then once I deliver he gets the 6 wks. He may go back after 4-5 wks though because he is taking his vacation once I hit 35 wks, so he may very well be on vacation when I go into labor LOL (I can only hope)

Quoting YzmaRocks:

Nice!! My hubby has to go back the day after the birth, unless baby is born on a weekend :(

Quoting NoraDun:

NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Yea we have gotten spoiled, and this isn't even his vacation time. Its something called the family medical leave. So it doesn't take away from his annual time.

Quoting brittany208:

That's amazing!!! I thought we were lucky that DH will be able to take a week's vacation time when baby is here!

Quoting NoraDun:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN