Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Are you banking cord blood?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:54 AM
  • 12 Replies

At first I thought maybe but the more I worry about money and doubt the likelyhood of it being used the more I'm veering towards no and donating it.  It seems like its really experimental right now of how much it is likely to help anyway but its hard to find information that isn't an advertisement.  

by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xredstarsx
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:58 AM
No. I believe in delaying cutting the cord so the baby gets all the blood he should have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 8, 2013 at 4:20 AM

No, we could never afford it. If money weren't an option, sure I would.

Mommy2beQua
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:42 AM
I would have to know all the facts
Rain2Rinse
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM
No.

I believe that the most beneficial place for cord blood is back into the baby it belongs to. Way too much blood is lost due to cutting the cord too earlier. I cannot tell you exact volume, but I'm sure doulala or someone else can.

I am much more concerned with the immediate benefits to my own newborn, as opposed to maybe benefitting somebody else later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:20 AM

No. I'm too wary of the scary stuff they would use it for.

KPJ
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM
I would love to do it!!!!! But I have to call some banks to check on the price.... And it has a list of diseases that are known to be cured with the cord blood of the baby already like for example... Leukemia....there is also a list of diseases that they are trying to cure in the furure with it like diabetes... This will be my last child and I am seriously considering it... You just never know what can happen in the future... I mean yes.. We all want our children to be healthy and happy forever... But things happen and there are diseases out there that can actually get to your loved ones... Or maybe Not... Mind you... The only ones that can be benefited from the cord blood is the baby that had the cord blood and its siblings... That's it. But to me it's a great Idea to bank it.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Nope, we delay cord cutting. So baby gets all he/she needs.
NoraDun
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM

This 100%

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

No.

I believe that the most beneficial place for cord blood is back into the baby it belongs to. Way too much blood is lost due to cutting the cord too earlier. I cannot tell you exact volume, but I'm sure doulala or someone else can.

I am much more concerned with the immediate benefits to my own newborn, as opposed to maybe benefitting somebody else later.

anxiousschk
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:16 AM

We delayed cord clamping, no blood left to bank since it's all in the baby :) 

Aortiz22
by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I would but I don't have the money for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN