Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I got a positive test Monday night, then took a few more because I couldn't believe it and they were negative Update blood test

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:55 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am about six days late. I got this Monday night with a dollar tree test.

A friend brought me an equate test and it was negative. I then ran out and got a few more tests, all negative. I know you are supposed to use first morning urine so I controlled my urge to take all of them, lol, and saved one. My son woke me up a bit ago so I took another dollar tree test............negative.

I still have no signs of a period and have a couple of what could be pregnancy symptoms, Has this happened to anyone else? What was the outcome?

Update   Blood test results were negative.

by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jesuschild06
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Pregnancy symptoms can be the same symptoms of a period coming. I would wait a week and take another test if you havent started by then. But theres a lot of reasons you could be late. Stress. New girlfriend (or old one) youve been hanging out with a lot. Girls who hang out constantly tend to end up having their periods at the same time. Too much or too little sleep (puts stress on your body). Change of excersize. Good luck !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NDADanceMom
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:40 AM
That happened to me last fall. I assume it was a chemical pregnancy
Mittenmommie
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Urine hpts have to be perfect to work.. Such has hold time, how much you drank before and blah blah. Take a fmu or go get a blood test. Early on it's possible to get false negatives
Slate21
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Been pregnant three times and all three had a positive test and home and negative at the docs office....ended up having bloodwork with all three and sure enough I was pregnant all three times (at least 5-7 weeks each test time). Sometimes your levels can be so low naturally it's hard for a urine test to pick it up...ask your doc for bloodwork. Good luck

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Sounds like a chemical.

Sorry

Gingered
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Thanks ladies. I will call and ask for a blood test.  It is possible that I was and now I am not or that it is just too early. I am a little too old for this anyway. smile I must admit though, I got excited.

Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:07 AM

go to the dr.

Gingered
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Quoting Autumn19:

go to the dr.

I plan to. He is on vacation this week. surprise I just called about an hour ago I never go to the doctor. On the rare occasion that I want to, it seems they are never there. I wish I had patience.  

MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM

You might be too early for some tests to be picking up on it.  That's what happened to me... I would get some positive and some negative, I was only about 4 weeks along.  I waited a few days and finally went to the doctor to get it confirmed...I was definitely pregnant!  

Gingered
by on May. 13, 2013 at 8:44 AM

I took an First Response this morning and it was negative. I am hoping to be able to get the blood test today. I feel pregnant but have no idea what to think. I suspect that I was pregnant but no longer am.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)