Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

has the baby dropped?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM
  • 7 Replies
What exactly does that term mean? Is that when the baby is in a head down position? Just wondering because my dr. Asked me that today.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I'm not sure...but I am getting less heartburn as of late, so maybe!

brittany208
by on May. 8, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

During your pregnancy, baby is up higher. At the end, he/she should turn head down and settle lower in your pelvis to get ready for labor. This doesnt mean labor will happen right away, it just often happens towards the end of pregnancy. And sometimes, it might not happen at all until the woman is in labor.

When baby does drop, you would feel more pressure in your pelvis, or feel like baby is about to fall out of you. I can tell my little boy has NOT dropped because I have horrible heartburn. lol.

zombiemommy7
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Oh, okay. Thank you. The dr said the baby was head down but didnt mention if the baby dropped yet.

Quoting brittany208:

During your pregnancy, baby is up higher. At the end, he/she should turn head down and settle lower in your pelvis to get ready for labor. This doesnt mean labor will happen right away, it just often happens towards the end of pregnancy. And sometimes, it might not happen at all until the woman is in labor.

When baby does drop, you would feel more pressure in your pelvis, or feel like baby is about to fall out of you. I can tell my little boy has NOT dropped because I have horrible heartburn. lol.

Emilytrademark
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Well I thought my baby had dropped for sure - I can breath easier and a lot more pressure down south and in the bottom of my belly. My bump is a different shape now, too. But my midwives say that with second babies, they drop and go back up, drop and go back up, all the way up until delivery.

BabyFruit Ticker
nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Yes, that is what that means. Baby getting ready for the big day
NoraDun
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Many baby's stay head down but dropping means they engage head first into the pelvis. This puts more pressure on your cervix to dilate, and it takes pressure off of your upper torso.

zombiemommy7
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Oh, okay. Thank you. I dont think I have dropped yet, if thats the case.

Quoting NoraDun:

Many baby's stay head down but dropping means they engage head first into the pelvis. This puts more pressure on your cervix to dilate, and it takes pressure off of your upper torso.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)