Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

If you could, would you?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you could deliver, the moment you are uncomfortable during pregnancy, at the exact week of pregnancy you are, would you?

Would you deliver without being sure baby is in the safe range just for your own comfort?

If you could deliver a healthy full term baby at 20 wks, or 30 wks? Cutting your time being pregnant in half would you?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
brittany208
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM

oh, you have a ways to go! I won't be in this group any more by then!

and i can picture myself standing on my head.... for about 3 seconds before I burst into laughter and crumple (carefully!) onto the floor! lol.  

Quoting NoraDun:

HAHA Not there yet, only 18 wks!!! My midwife laughed when I told her that too! It wouldn't be an easy task for the tiniest of pregnant women, but my butt ain't little, so it will be a task, and a site HAHA! I will keep you posted on how that goes LOL!

Quoting brittany208:

i forget how far along you are... but you better do good on your promise to post pictures of you standing on your head to keep baby in like you said you were going to do!!

im 38 weeks now. we have everything prepared for whenever he decides its time. but i really want to work as long as i can. so we'll see.

Quoting NoraDun:

Same here. I am REALLY trying to keep this baby in until 39 or 40 wks. My Midwife says its rare to have a client want to be pregnant until their DD.

Quoting brittany208:

I would absolutely NOT choose my comfort over baby's safety, so no, I won't be induced early. (actually, im really hoping to go over).

heathermarie23
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM

nope.  I like my babies to pick their birthday!  :-)

nirvana78028
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I'm uncomfortable at 32 weeks but don't care. I live being pregnant and feeling him move even when it's a painful movement IMO I think ppl who induce early bc they are uncomfortable are super selfish. Suck it up and keep your legs closed next time. Part of pregnancy. And this is coming from someone who is high risk, on bed rest for the second time. I have a lot of complications but still want baby to be super healthy and well done
rfhsure
by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

hell no! I faught tooth and nail to get the doctors off my back about inuction! I felt like shit the last 3 weeks but it was worth it, hes very healthy.

JennyLee24
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Im 27 wks and the uncomfortable part has hit but there is no way i would want my baby here now. Hes staying put for at least 12 more weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Nope, I will glad and have gladly taken all the pain, discomfort and no fun parts to have them come when they were ready.

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I wouldn't mind if normal human pregnancy was half the length, lol, pregnancy sucks. At least for me. But I wouldn't induce.
lillucky8
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Thats alot of questions. Yes i would have loved to not have been uncomfortable.

No i wouldnt deliver early for my comfort rather than babys health.

But having a 20 or 30wk pregnancy being fullterms. Like if pregnancy only lasted six months normally and that was fullterm, sure.

But then we would be miserable at five months instead of eight, i dont think there is a perfect amt of time, at some poiny baby will be full grown and mama will feel too stretched and squished and exhausted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staciexo
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM

No. I will always wait for baby to be ready and not choose to have the baby for my own sake. Unless either one of our health is in jeopardy.

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM
If 20 weeks was normal and healthy (like 3 day sim pregnancies are normal) then sure. Induction because of discomfort? No
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)