Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

5 Weeks pregnant. How to beat the exhaustion at work?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just found out that I'm 5 weeks pregnant (found out last week) and as of yesterday, I'm feeling completely exhausted. All I want to do is sleep. I work part time and go in tomorrow from12-8:30.  I can't just take a nap because I have a 3 year old. Of course I can't drink coffee or any other caffeinated drink. Does anyone have any advice for making it through the work day without falling asleep? 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

i took B6 in my first tri for energy...

congrats

Beebella
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Drink water and take short walks, make sure you keep healthy snacks around to keep your energy up. You need fuel to keep going :)
Terpsichore
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM
3 moms liked this

I worked full time throughout my first pregnancy. I survived exhaustion by power-napping on my 15-minute breaks (which I never bothered with before pregnancy, since it was a desk job at a place that treated me well), and at lunch I'd eat quickly and power-nap. I also switched my prenatal vitamin to a food-based one, since the synthetic one I'd been taking made me even more tired. Healthy snacks and lots of water (which = frequent trips to the bathroom = exercise) helped, but again, my job allowed me to do so.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I always have a drink at my desk.  I take a sip when I feel a little tiredness coming on.

3kidz123
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I drank pepsi, half a can because otherwise I would actually fall asleep at my desk. lol

You can have a cup or coffee or one soda a day :)

pregnantmama105
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

sleep when you can. even if its on your break (I assume you will have at least a half an hour) eat fruit for a pick me up. and stay hydrated! h&h9m!

Emilytrademark
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

The first trimester was so rough :( I really don't know of any help besides just powering through it. Second trimester is sooo much better. If you can, sneak a nap in your car

BabyFruit Ticker
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm the same way I work 50 hours a week and I'm almost 10 weeks. The exhaustion is hard to beat but I drink ice cold water all day to wake myself up.
5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh man I was the same way! I did drink coffee but that didn't help. I would get home and just wanna sleeeep! It didn't get better til I was like 18 weeks.
wewish42
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Here we go on #2, my little one is going to be 5 in November I just literally took the test a few days ago, Im thinking somewhere very early between 4 and 8 weeks my appoint wont be for the 1st week in July, Its feels like the 1st time AGAIN super exicted and nervous and yes I agree with you all EXAUSTED

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)