Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Are you serious? vent *update*

Posted by   + Show Post
So the wic office told me I am only allowed to gain 15 pounds during this pregnancy due to the fact that I'm overweight. Now my so is coming down on me hard about my weight.. I've cut out sodas, started drinking more water, eating healthier then what I normally do and trying not to eat that many things high in sugar and fat. I've latterly ate a small bowl of honey oats for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and 7 bites of my mom's dinner because it was loaded in fat and a apple for a snack... I'm so hungry I'm going to be sick and my so won't let me eat... my so has very low body weight and my son does too ( he's in the 20% ) so if I starve myself like everyone is asking me to do my poor baby is really going to be small. I was told I'm only allowed to eat 3 small meals a day and my portions have to fit in the palm of my hand. This is crazy!!! I get eating healthy but Damn I'm going hungry trying to do what I'm told.

Ok so I saw my doctor to get my referral today for my midwife and she said 20-30 pounds is good and as long as I'm eating right and doing light exercises then I'll be just fine. My so apologized for being so harsh and agreed to help motivate me to workout and help keep me on track to eating as healthy as possible... he even said he'll start feeding me 6 times a day :) hopefully soon I get my appt to hear the babies heart beat for the first time... I'm so excited and nervous. I just wish I knew already what it is that I'm having... I have a there though. With my girls I had energy and I wasn't as moody but with my son I was so tired I couldn't even get out of bed and I was a real bi*** so far I've had energy and not that moody so I'm thinking a girl... lets see if my theory is right but I'm praying for another boy.
by on May. 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Do NOT starve yourself. You need to eat, and tell them to deal with it. I can't believe this...some women just gain more while pregnant and it's perfectly healthy. Eat as much as you need, just choose healthier foods and stay active. Seriously, it's dangerous to "starve yourself" while pregnant. And you don't sound overweight to me. I'm seriously disgusted with how you're being treated.

5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Ummm don't listen to Wic they're idiots. They say I'm unhealthy bc I'm 22 week and not gaining any wieght. My doctor says I'm fine and baby is right on track for growth
littlecheifsmom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Eat if ur Hungary. Don't listen to anyone, u need to eat.
AmericanChild82
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM

The WIC office is NOT your dr so they can shut their mouths. Tell your SO to talk with your OBGYN. Starving yourself is NOT healthy for you or for the baby. I swear stupidity was created by a man thinking he knew how to tell a pregnant woman to live.

tyner_brylee
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:28 AM
I am going to be honest with my weight, before o got pregnant i wad 300lbs and now at almost 23 weeks and i still haven't gained a single ounce. But my doctor also told me that he doesn't want me to gain any weight. I eat very healthy. I eats lots of fruit, vegetables, i drink anywhere from 64 oz of water to over 128 ozs of water a day, required amount of 0% milk and natural juice that i make my self with my juicer.
tyner_brylee
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I also eat very often through out the day. I am always snacking on something.lol
goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Wic are not doctors, they're morons. dont listen to them. your SO needs to let off the control pedal, too. eat girl, but eat healthy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Wic offices have nutritionists, not drs. Follow your drs recommendations. Even if you are overweight you need to eat. You should have your bmr calculated and then you will know the number of calories you need to eat as a minimum for the day. Protein will help keep you full longer and fruits and veggies are an obvious good.choice. i would maybe ask to have an appt with your drs office nutritionist so they can help you design a daily plan so you feel more satisfied and less controlled by your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy31308
by Ashlee on May. 9, 2013 at 7:39 AM
165 and 5'6..... umm you do NOT need to be starving yourself. I'm 5'0 and weigh 142 and my Dr had never brought up a certain weight gain or told me I was over weight. Wic are not drs. Tell them to keep their medical advice to themselves and tell your dh that if he says one more thing about what you eat or your weight you're going to withhold sex from him lol

Just make smart healthy decisions.
shell3m
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM

ummm WIC needs to shove it!!!  There is a reason why you are hungry, your baby needs that food!!  Talk to your doctor.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)