Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Membranes Stripped

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 17 Replies

I'm 38wks & 3 days today. I'm so ready for this to be over! lol I have a doctors appointment today, at my one last week I was only a finger tip dilated & my cervix was soft. Has anyone ever had their membranes stripped & it actually sent them into labor? It's been so hot out I haven't really been able to go out & walk, & today when it's finally cool it's pouring rain. :(

I'm kind of disappointed. My daughter was born at 38wks & 1 day, I was so sure that he'd either be born then or before!

Mommy to CSH [1/1/11] & NAHjr [5/20/13]Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zombiemommy7
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM

When I was overdue with my first, the nurses kept encouraging me to walk to kickstart labor. 

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Raises hand. Just did it and baby girl was born 12 hours later.

It doesn't work unless your body is ready though.
Their.Mom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I would go for a walk but it's raining.

Quoting zombiemommy7:

When I was overdue with my first, the nurses kept encouraging me to walk to kickstart labor. 

Mittenmommie
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I had mine done, and 2 days later I did castor oil ( save me the "it's bad for the baby stuff") and then he came out.
Mommy2Be9112010
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Ive had mine stripped with every pregnancy! Yes it worked for me! GL momma

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I have had it done two seperate pregnancies.  The first one, I was past my due date for almost a week.  It worked.  The second one, I think I was a day past my due date or on my due date, and it didn't work.

Good luck!

Muppet2010
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I had mine done with my first. The next morning my water broke when I went to the bathroom the next morning. Although I did go into labor it was long and horrible. I dont think my son wanted to come quit yet. I was 39w 5 days when they stripped them I was only a finger tip as well she said she got me to about a 1 1/2 as i said labor next morning but still didnt have him till his due date. Long labor ugh. GL 

Their.Mom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM

My labor with my daughter was pretty quick. My water broke at 8am & she was born at 7:12pm after 12 minutes of pushing. I'm hoping my labor is about that this time too! I'm pretty much willing to try anything, except for castor oil!

mommyof2_1989
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I had mine stripped with my daughter at 39 weeks. I had her in my arms not even 24 hours later :) Id have to say though your body has to be ready. I was 2cm when they stripped them.
ninjakids
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM
I did it eith my second on a Friday afternoon, Saturday at 9:00pm my water broke while in the grocery store lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN