Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decrease in movement....???

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm now 33 weeks along with baby #2. For the past couple days I've noticed a change in movement. She normally wakes me up in the mornings kicking and rolling around. Now, I am going all day with feeling very little movement. She did get quite active last night though.I can rub my tummy, and she will lightly kick me. I remember with baby #1 that there was a day here and there that he wouldn't move as much, and of course, I remember freaking out then also. I feel that this is just normal but always a little concerned when a change is noticed. Did anyone else experience decrease movements this early?
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
meg4763
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I was worried last week at 23 wks bc lil girl didn't move hardly at all in 48 hrs. I was sent to l&d to be monitored, and they said I was a little dehydrated but nothing was wrong. Also, they said that once you get past 28 weeks that the baby will move considerably less sometimes bc they are growing and running out of room with each week that passes. So bc you are 33 wks, I would assume that is the case,but just drink lots of water anyways. :)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on May. 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I had it before, but if you ever notice too much of a decrease, I would give your care provider a call.

sheli.bean
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Once you hit 30 weeks you should be feeling at least 10 movements in an hour. Any less than that, they recommend you call or go in. Have you started kick counts yet?
butterbean491
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM
No, haven't started counting cause she has been so active till this point. I will say she has been much more active this afternoon. I guess she was just taking a break. I have Dr appt Tues. I am going to mention it to him. Maybe she will stay active for me till then, if I notice major change I will call Dr over weekend.
Quoting sheli.bean:

Once you hit 30 weeks you should be feeling at least 10 movements in an hour. Any less than that, they recommend you call or go in. Have you started kick counts yet?

butterbean491
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Thanks everyone for all the advice. Thankfully she has been much more active this afternoon. I guess she was just taking a break.
mommyto3121405
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:59 PM

mine has been opposite hes been getting worse not less/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured