Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Why does my tiny baby bump disappear ?

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 18 Replies

21 weeks pregnant and I have a itty bitty tiny baby bump .

when I lay down , it disappears , but when I stand up it falls out .haha

why is that ? Is it just because when I'm laying down it sinks in or something ?

by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baby7810
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:29 PM

like in the morn? idk mine does that too. its always smaller in the morn but by bed time mines bigger :) it did the same with my last pregnancy

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM
yep in the morning mine is small and my night time it's huge! that's why I think it's mostly bloat for me but idk lol
Mommy2beQua
by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Lol. The same thing happends to me and I'm 22 weeks. I think it depends on the baby's position
georgiapeachh
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Not always in the morning . It's so weird , haha . But my ob-gyn measured my tummy laying down about 2 weeks ago & didn't say anything was wrong or it was too small . Like only the people who know I'm pregnant can tell I'm showing a little bit .no one else can .haha . I'm 5'8-5'9 & was 135-140 pounds now I'm 150 but I'm very long , long torso . So people say I'm just going to have a smalll bump

Quoting baby7810:

like in the morn? idk mine does that too. its always smaller in the morn but by bed time mines bigger :) it did the same with my last pregnancy

georgiapeachh
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yes , in early pregnancy the first trimester I was always bloated and that happened to me all the time . My bloating went down a lot , thank god I hated bloating it hurt !!

Quoting marissabrookee:

yep in the morning mine is small and my night time it's huge! that's why I think it's mostly bloat for me but idk lol

georgiapeachh
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM
It freaks me out because I'm scared he's not growing . But the 2 ultrasounds I have been too , he has measured perfect

Quoting Mommy2beQua:

Lol. The same thing happends to me and I'm 22 weeks. I think it depends on the baby's position

Slate21
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM

That happened to me with my first two pregnancies right up until they were born...I remember going into the hospital with both of them and the nurses finding it so funny that my stomach would be flat as soon as I layed down:-) 

georgiapeachh
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Haha really ?! Why is that though ?!

Quoting Slate21:

That happened to me with my first two pregnancies right up until they were born...I remember going into the hospital with both of them and the nurses finding it so funny that my stomach would be flat as soon as I layed down:-) 

Mommy2beQua
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I think if you don't focus so much on your stomach everyday you won't be so concience on whats going on.
Is this your first baby?

Quoting georgiapeachh:

It freaks me out because I'm scared he's not growing . But the 2 ultrasounds I have been too , he has measured perfect

Quoting Mommy2beQua:

5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Idk mine does it too. In the morn It's out and also when I gotta pee. But in the day it shrinks lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN