Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Have you decided

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM
  • 19 Replies

Natural Tearing or episiotomy. I honestly hadn't thought about it till now. Will you let the tearing happen on it's own or let the Dr. cut you to help things go along? 

babies

by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandie1470
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM

umm...well my 1st pregnancy ended in emergency csec. I assumed I would just go that route again since I know exactly what to expect. Sorry I cant answer you

lovebugs_mom906
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
I've had both. Recovery from the tear wasn't nearly as long as the episiotomy.
Mom2five87
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I have given birth to 4 kids (2 singletons and a set of twins) and I've never torn or had to be cut. If it came down to it I'd let them cut me.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

DACIA79
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I'm okay with tearing some stitches and some dermaplast spray and I'm fine.
PEEK05
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM

I tore on my own and got a fourth degree tear.  I have no idea if it would have been better or worse had I gotten cut.  The healing was AWFUL.

livingforthem83
by on May. 9, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I had 4 children and was only cut with my first. Never needed to be or never tore with the others.
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I tore then my doctor cut. Honestly if rather be cut because my tare was zig zagged but then he cut in a straight line. I'm just gonna go with what my doctor decides to do.
amy31308
by Ashlee on May. 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I never tore or needed cut. I'd probably rather be cut than tearing but idk. I feel like a tear would be messier and harder to heal and a cut would be "cleaner" and easier to heal. I've never researched It though tbh. Since I didn't have to worry about it with my other two in not worried about it now.
yperez0209
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I have delivered five children vaginally, including a set of 7 pound twins and I have never torn nor had an episiotomy. 

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on May. 9, 2013 at 8:50 PM
With my first child i never tore...But with this one I would rather the doctor cut it so it would be a cleaner cut then a tear..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN