Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor updates over facebook?

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 12 Replies
Do yall think its appropriate to post labor updates on facebook?

Between family and friends, i dont want to be sending texts the entire time. I put out an advanced warning letting people know that starting monday evening they will be getting updates and i wouldnt be offended if some felt the need to hide my posts. I also wont be posting "graphic info".
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DKk0531
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Um...i dont really care either way. Im not really "annoyed" i guess seeing labor updates. But actually i dont think ive had any friends post updates for labor. Ive seen "in labor going to hospital" and "baby whatever born at such and such time". Never really seen updates in the middle of labor, guess thats why i dont get annoyed lol.

As for us, we will not be posting info on fb. We will be telling one person and thats my mom so she can come be with dd. We dont want mil getting info about the birth and show up to piss me off lol. We will be doing calls/texts/fb after the baby is born.
Jessica120911
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I've had a couple friends of mine do the whole labor updates, with my first I did it too. Only because my family and friends that lives out of town, state, or couldnt be there due to work, no baby sitter etc. asked me to keep them updated. It made my grandma feel a lot better seeing the updates, plus my mom or my sister who was there with me would also call her. Lol.
krystyneh
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Ill be posting "in labor at the hospital" then update after baby is born but that's it...if someone comments on the post of being in labor then ill update them in a comment but that's it
amy31308
by Ashlee on May. 9, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I will post updates :) if people have a problem with it they know how to delete me ;)
Mommabearbergh
by on May. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM
My cousin did. It was entertaining to me because we kept her laughing. We are a family of women so we try to be supportive during births and such. It doesn't bother me and I look forward seeing the first baby photos
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I don't tell anyone but the ones that need to know about when labor is going on. I prefer it that way. I can focus on not be bugged or hubby too.

NoraDun
by Gold Member on May. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I just posted I was in labor on facebook! But I didn't post regular updates because I have to concentrate and get down to business!

GoddessNDaRuff
by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Never did it. I try to focus on the laboring process. I did text my cousin most of the time this time though. It wouldn't bother me though because I would figure it was for the benefit of family.
Theemom
by on May. 9, 2013 at 10:38 PM

My SILsister posted updates on her labor. I was not bother it was actually interesting but like you said earlier they can hide your posts 

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I wont be. Since we're not finding out gender till baby's born if I post that I'm in labor I will NOT be left alone, lol. So a few select people/groups of friends will know when I go into labor & have the baby but that's about it. I'll update after baby arrives. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured