Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

cramping at 25 wks 1st time mom advice please

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

ok so I have been having what I thought were braxton hicks contractions but it's like backwards in that the pain/tightening lasts about 5 mins and then eases off for a few mins. it seriously feels like menstrual cramps. I called my dr today and they sent me in to be checked. they couldn't get a tracing of the baby but did hear the heartbeat with a Doppler. her heart rate was between 147 and 160 and she was moving which is good. the cramps were not showing up on the tracing either. the midwife from my OB office came in a said oh you are just constipated and that my urine and preterm labor swab was find. but I have been potty 3 times today already how can all this be constipation? I have been laying on my left side and drinking oodles of water, tried a hot bath, a warm heating pad and Tylenol. please has this happened to anyone else?

they did not check to see if I was dilating while I was there today, and I am not bleeding. just worried.

by on May. 9, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on May. 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM
It could just be that ur still growing..As long as there is no bleeding i wouldnt get to stressed...It could be gas build up as well..Good luck and striving for a healthy rest of ur pregnancy..
5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Agree cramps are quite normal an

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

It could just be that ur still growing..As long as there is no bleeding i wouldnt get to stressed...It could be gas build up as well..Good luck and striving for a healthy rest of ur pregnancy..
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on May. 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Yea i know i had them bad last week but they have subsided now its mainly gas and bloat.. im only 9 weeks 3 days..

Quoting 5tyli5hLensT:

Agree cramps are quite normal an

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN