Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bleeding while 8 weeks :(

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hello everyone :) I am currently 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant with my second child. Cm has been coming out, which I'm told is normal, but every once in a while I need to wear a pad. So this morning as I was using the bathroom I noticed some blood on the pad. It was about the size of a quarter. Also when I whiped I saw some blood on the toilet paper. I just went back to bed because it was 5 am and it wasn't that much. Now around 11 am I used the bathroom again and noticed more blood on the pad and when I whiped there was a lot more. It wasn't heavy like period blood but it wasn't spotting. I'm just a little nervous because I don't remember bleeding with my son. Occasionally I get cramps. The blood was redish but I thought I saw a tinge of pink. No dark red or black blood. I don't have any other pain, just constant nausea throughout the day and throwing up. What should I do ? Thanks for reading.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
josiealan
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:39 PM
If it is worrying you..you should call your doc or if you have cramps at all with it go to er right away..but I think you should call your doc and see what they say
LilliesValley
by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM
Call your doctor. Could be nothing or something. With dd I spotted like you talk about through the whole first trimester. It was nerve racking. But I also started that way with my second mc. Just no way to know.
rwcw89
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 5:45 PM

i would call your doc or go get checked out for safe measures (im paranoid with that), Good luck and post any updates!

Anamariamylove
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Go to the doctor and get an ultrasound to check on the placenta. I bled for a solid while but my baby was okay. I had something going on with the way the placenta attached because i have a bicornuate uterus.

Try not to stress and RELAX. I'm convinced that putting myself on bed rest kept me and my baby healthy.
Corina1987
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Go to the ER. They can check to make sure everythings ok. I went through bleeding atleast one time each month of my pregnancy. Praying for you.
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Go to your OB. Brown blood is okay, anything red or especially pink is new blood. I had a mc at 7 weeks in October so I know how stressful it can be. Go get some blood work done just to make sure.
Jubileee
by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Go to your OB. I've been bleeding since the day after I got my bfp and found out a couple weeks ago I have a Subchorionic Hemorrhage. I've been bleeding/spotting ever since and now on bed rest until further notice.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Call your Dr/OB/Midwife and see what they say. That is what I did when I was bleeding
mommietwobe
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Mobile Photo

Definitely go to the hospital. Every women and pregnancy is different with my second daughter I woke up at 6am and there was a little blood on the toilet paper also went to the emergency room and got checked out. They said it was a "Threatened Abortion" basically it was like a miscarry if the baby wanted to but to take it easy the next couple weeks. My daughter is a Beautiful Healthy 8 Month Old. Don't stress it's bad for baby just pray and see a doctor.
kelly617
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I would call your doc...they can probably set you up with an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay
I had bleeding from the time I got my positive until about 9wks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)