Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Baby registry question.

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
  • 13 Replies

(Sorry, I'm not exactly sure where this post belongs)

I was curious, what should I and shouldn't I ask for when I start a baby registry?

baby growth
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2beQua
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Pretty much anything you need for the baby, for all the stuff you want to buy yourself leave off your list
MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I put everything I wanted/needed.

leew8372
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I'm not good at asking for things.... I just don't know if it's appropriate to put every little thing on there that I want lol. Guess when the time comes I will just go ahead and do it. :) thanks ladies.

crzemom
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Some places give you a discount after your dd so i would put everything you want on there so you can get a discount on what you don't get from the baby shower
crzemom
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Some places give you a discount after your dd so i would put everything you want on there so you can get a discount on what you don't get from the baby shower
krisrdh2009
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Put it all on there that's why I did. I bought most of it too!! I use it as a checklist for myself. If someone buys something before I get to it then that's great.

Quoting leew8372:

I'm not good at asking for things.... I just don't know if it's appropriate to put every little thing on there that I want lol. Guess when the time comes I will just go ahead and do it. :) thanks ladies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisrdh2009
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
This too you get a 15% off babies r us and a 10% from target and buy buy baby called registry completion. You get a discount on the remaining items on your registry I know moms who open a target one and add diapers to get a discount on them at this time.

Quoting crzemom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Great tip!

Quoting crzemom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Put everything on there, because they'll give you a "completion discount" on the stuff you didn't get.

angela84
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 1:23 AM

EVERYTHING! Especially things you dont think you might be embarassed to put like nursing tank tops, nursing pads, breastmilk storage bags, lanolin nipple cream, and soothies gel nipple pads. Oh and even things like a hanging closet organizer or organizing boxes/baskets.

Also I don't see alot of baby board books on alot of people's registry's and on mine I put about 15-20 books. I had a total of about 100 items and this is my first baby. I'm also like you. I don't want to ask for stuff but as a first baby, I just assume people want to be generous and buy you stuff. I definitely don't expect every item to be purchased but it is a great list to have, even if it is just a list for yourself.

pregnancy
I want to be a breastfeeding, babywearing, roomsharing, cloth diapering, working Momma!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)