Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

OT A drink while in the two week wait PIOG

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 10 Replies

Thought's? I am 1dpo and was wondering if it's ok to have 1 cocktail drink

by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SafariSun
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Yeah. I did. I drank wine a few times during the 2ww wait that I conceived. It's not a big deal as long as you're not getting hammered.
leew8372
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:47 AM

What she said, I had a couple drinks at 3 dpo --- I hadn't even implanted yet (was nearly another week before that happened)

Quoting SafariSun:

Yeah. I did. I drank wine a few times during the 2ww wait that I conceived. It's not a big deal as long as you're not getting hammered.

TTC2Long
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Go right ahead. If this is your month, the egg won't be implanted for another week and even then it will feed off the yolk while the placenta and umbilical cord forms. Just live your life until you get that bfp! :)
Tippytetoe
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I ttc for 19 months, did not stop drinking until I got that bfp! I actually did get a little tipsy during the 2ww, but I never thought I was going to actually end up pregnant, my inlaws were in town and it was Halloween ( my favorite holiday) so I was defiantly drinking!!! 

brittany208
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Everyone I know drinks until the get the positive test (assuming they drink at all)

NDADanceMom
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I had a glass of wine when i was around 3 weeks but didnt test till 5 weeks. Doc said not an issue. My sister got wasted at a wedding at that time in her pregnancy. Once again doc said it wasn't a problem. The baby isn't absorbing your food yet anyway
bebe_ju-rah
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Yes. At 1dpo the fertilized egg isn't even in the utetus, much less implanted. You're good. And GL!!
tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I got damn near drunk at 6 dpo this time. Baby hasn't even implanted yet. No worries.
musicpisces
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM

1 drink won't hurt anything.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

bonniemommy100
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Thank you very much ladies this helped alot but i decided not to have a drink last night but i might have a cocktail tonight to relax

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN