Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Myths and wives tales.. What are your opinions?

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:02 AM
  • 13 Replies
Do you believe in the Chinese calendar for conception? It tells you what your going to have (boy or girl) with your due date being in a certain month? Or how about the old wives tales saying "if you go too deep, you blow the balls off" lol or "boys are only conceived in the missionary position"

What do you believe? Have you followed any of theses and they actually turned out right?

I have a DD and we would love a boy. Part of me believes these wives tales and calendars but I'm
Very aware that it won't matter what position or what calendar you look at, The male sperm chooses the sex of the baby
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinka_pixie
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:02 AM

the chinese calendar has always been right for me, and everyone that I know aswell. the others wouldnt be accurate in my situation.

abigailsmommy11
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:12 AM

The chinese calendar was wrong with my daugter and I am hoping it's wrong this time because Hubby wants a boy :)

SarahMommie
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Chinese calander was wrong for me also all 4 kids. I didn't get a boy until we quit "trying" to have a baby lol 3 girls and then I was on birth control AND breast feeding still and got preggo with a boy!
nirvanadonna
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I used the Chinese Gender Calendar just for fun. It was right about my son. It says boy for this one too......i hope not, i want a girl this time......we will see......
nicole2884
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I don't believe any of them
THE calendar was right
But I had no morning sickness craved Burgers n fries an no sore boobs

I'm having a girl
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on May. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I have never tried any of it so i dont know..I mean there is a 50/50 chance so....I believe that no matter what u do it's who gets there the fastest..lol..

CafeMom Tickers
CelestialSong
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I don't believe in any of the myths or old wives tales. Some of them will be right, there's a 50/50 chance. But if any of them accurately predicted sex, they would be right at least almost all the time. Everything has a margin of error, even ultrasound.

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Nope. It's only been right for 1 out of 5 of my babies (including my son who I m/c in Sept).

ame0608
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I don't know. All of these predictors (the Chinese predictor, the baking soda, the heart rate) all say I'm going to have a girl. I suppose only time will tell :)

tyrelsmom
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I wouldn't count on them, lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)