Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it the same daddy?

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:00 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well I am pregnant with my 2nd child and I was asked the other day if it was the same dad as for my son. I was like yes my husband. Granted the person didnt really know that I was married but that is a rude question. It isnt the first time something like that has happened. When in society did it become ok for people to ask if you have the same father for your children? I wouldn't do that to anyone. It is pretty offensive. Has anyone else asked you something like that? I can still wear my wedding ring so it's not like there isnt an indicator but hey what if my fingers where too swollen? Smh I don't understand people sometimes.

by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:15 AM
I have gotten the same question and dh has been called my boyfriend although you can clearly see our bands. Smh sometimes people are just stupid
NDADanceMom
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:42 AM
Be honest. Say "isn't it sad in today's society that you can ask a question like that. I'm married and my husband fathered all of my children but for some reason you assumed that wasn't the case."
People ask rude questions to everyone though. In 40 and worked for years to get this baby. My husband and i are private so nobody knew we were struggling with this issue. We used to cry when we saw babies because we wanted one so bad. Now when people find out they assume it was an accident and nobody at 40 with a 17 year old would want a newborn.
Steph925
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:45 AM
I was just thinking about this. People ask me all the time if my children have the same dad. I'm with you it offensive. I tell them the same this their dad is my husband. It's sad that people ask that now a days.
MsGrayciesMommy
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:38 AM
We're not married, and before the past year (our dd is 2 1/2) we weren't even together. So I get asked sometimes if this baby has the same dad. I don't find it offensive at all. I just smile and am happy I can say yes:) I also was a single mom for a while so I think the questions are more normal for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on May. 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM

When I was pregnant with Charlie and after I gave birth, people asked me that because Charlie and Mason look very similar. They don't have the same fathers, Mason is byy my ex husband and Charlie is by my boyfriend. 

baseballmom1211
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Oh you would not believe how many times I get asked this question! I have 4, almost 5, children..only one has a different father! (if that's what you call him)!! We both are wearing a wedding band for pete's sake..not mention, ALL of them are yelling "daddy" at him in the store...It's never the older folks either..it's always people around my age or a little older..

LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I haven't been asked this question by random people, just by a couple of people that I work with because they assumed that my SO was the dad of my twin boys but at some point, in conversation, they realize that he in fact isn't.

I'm not offended when THEY ask but if a random person at the grocery store ever asks me a question like that, I'm not entirely sure I could bite my tongue.

pregnantmama105
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Havent been asked that yet. But I kept having dreams of it
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I was asked about a month ago if my girls had the same dad...in the guy's defense, my girls look nothing alike and I had just met him (he's also deaf and in their culture, things are asked way more blunt than in hearing, lol).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
When I was pregnant with my DD I got a bunch of rude comments like "aren't you a little young to be having a baby?" (I was 20), "so, when are you getting married?" (Already married), "do you really think you'll make a good mother so young?" (Really?? 0.o), and my all time favorite "so, I guess the father isn't in the picture anymore." (Again, really?? 0.o you mean the wedding rings didn't give it away?)

People are so stupid.

Now I'm getting asked if my kids have the same dad, why I'm single (again still married to the same guy), and a mass of other dumb ass questions you could think up.
Its become quite funny.

The best one to date with this pregnancy was when someone asked my husband if the baby was his. He's like "ummm... Yea, last time I checked." And got back "how do you know, you're not married so..."
We just bust out laughing and walked away.
DH keeps losing his ring and I can't wear mine because my hands swell so badly. It was hilarious!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured