Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Did It Work For You? *Poll

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Did getting your membranes stripped help you go into labor?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

If you got your membranes stripped, did you start to see signs of labor and have your baby? How soon? Feel free to add your experiences.

I'm planning for a VBAC, and plan on trying this as a natural method of induction after 41 weeks.
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5tyli5hLensT
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I've never had mine stripped but I hear that it does help
LVait42
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:09 PM
I had mine stripped twice and nothing happened
SSMama0209
by on May. 11, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I believe so. I had a VBAC with my DS and at my 40 week appointment my midwife stripped my membranes. He was born 5 days later. Didn't happen as quickly as I expected, but who knows if he would have been longer if she hadn't done so.

butterflyk1ssez
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM

well, according to my midwife where I am at it wouldn't work for me. I am 40w5d pregnant and 3cm dilated and extremely thin with my cervix almost completely forward. More than likely it would just cause pain. She said with women with less progress with me it works better. I am also losing bits of my mucous plug.

=[

Lsilvamom
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Had it stripped on a Tuesday and contractions started that night. Had him the next day. 

PEEK05
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I had mine stripped with my first and it did not work.  I went into labor on my own two weeks later.

rfhsure
by on May. 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM

didnt work for me. 

Caitlinsmom09
by on May. 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM

I just had mine stripped Thursday at 40.4 weeks and just lost my mucus plug so we'll see :)

Grown_woman2192
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:46 AM
it did and it didn't. They stripped mine then I felt contractions but. they weren't contracting so they had to break my water for me.
doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I haven't done it-   but would encourage you to avoid induction for health & safety reasons/to help you achieve your vbac.    
The more interventions the more risks, safest to avoid.      Especially if unneeded.
GL!
:-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)