Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Cloth diaper's worth it?

DH and I are thinking of cloth diper's this time around and we would like to hear from mommy's that have used them and the throw away kind and ask if cloth diaper's are worth it. If so where can we find some we would like to stock up now

ttc

by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
PEEK05
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:35 AM

YES! I love cloth diapers and hate disposables! I used disposables with my first and wished to God I had known about cloth diapers with her!

www.cottonbabies.com is a really great site to order from.

leew8372
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I haven't bought any yet or used them but I plan to with this baby (my first). I did a lot of research and the advantages of using them outweigh the disadvantages. The money you save in the long run is completely worth it. Not to mention how you'll do your part in protecting our environment :-D

Lili0509
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Hey everyone, so quick question, do cloth diapers soak through?? Like ok, baby pees while we're headed somewhere, he's in the car seat, would it not soak through?

kfrog13
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:31 AM
It was so worth it for us even though we used a combo of cloth and disposable. Even buying the pricier ones. The one size are they way we went.
SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I used prefolds for multiple children and never had a rash. Really, that depends on each individual child imo. :) I have a friend who has a little girl that cannot use most pockets. She is allergic to the microsuede and microfleece used in most of them. I wouldnt discourage use of prefolds based on one child's experience.

Quoting 3kidz123:

They are worth it but be careful on what kind you get. Here's a few tips.

Most of the pricy ones are as good as the cheap ones

Using cotton prefolds with a cover can cause heat rash though pocket diapers don't seem to

Using a one size is a huge money saver!

If you do want to try prefolds and covers get a pocket diaper to use as a cover so if you change your mind you can just use the prefold in the pocket and no money lost.

Also if you order a 24 pack of kawaii diapers before the 18th of May using the coupon code on their site  "Happy Mother's Day" you get each one for 4 dollers and some change. They have two packs to choose from that gives you that price...the 24 pack of one size fits all pockets in ultra soft in solid colors, or the 24 pack of one size pockets in print. Each diaper comes with two inserts and the solid colors have double snaps which I like because it keeps them more secure.

I actually just ordered a 24 pack yesterday...it came to like $104 with the code plus free shipping.

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:41 AM
They leak much less than disposibles in my experience

Quoting Lili0509:

Hey everyone, so quick question, do cloth diapers soak through?? Like ok, baby pees while we're headed somewhere, he's in the car seat, would it not soak through?

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
It was well worth to us. In total I have about $500 worth of diapers that I have used for two children and will use for this baby as well. If I had it to do over though I would have went completely with prefolds. They are my favorite and I could have bought about $100 worth.
3kidz123
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Sorry I meant to add that. lol. If you click on package deals it'll bring up the 24 packs :)

http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/

Quoting mawc1014:

What website did you order them from with that coupon code?

Quoting 3kidz123:

They are worth it but be careful on what kind you get. Here's a few tips.

Most of the pricy ones are as good as the cheap ones

Using cotton prefolds with a cover can cause heat rash though pocket diapers don't seem to

Using a one size is a huge money saver!

If you do want to try prefolds and covers get a pocket diaper to use as a cover so if you change your mind you can just use the prefold in the pocket and no money lost.

Also if you order a 24 pack of kawaii diapers before the 18th of May using the coupon code on their site  "Happy Mother's Day" you get each one for 4 dollers and some change. They have two packs to choose from that gives you that price...the 24 pack of one size fits all pockets in ultra soft in solid colors, or the 24 pack of one size pockets in print. Each diaper comes with two inserts and the solid colors have double snaps which I like because it keeps them more secure.

I actually just ordered a 24 pack yesterday...it came to like $104 with the code plus free shipping.

doulala
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I really think so because they are so much healthier for the kiddos!    (And parents save money!)

brittany208
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Nope. If you use prefolds (think the old fashioned cloth square), then you put a waterproof cover over it. Or you can buy a kind called "all in one" where the diaper is absorbant inside and the outside is the waterproof cover all sewn together. (there are other kinds of diapers, but that's the simple explanation).

Quoting Lili0509:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)