Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth diaper's worth it?

DH and I are thinking of cloth diper's this time around and we would like to hear from mommy's that have used them and the throw away kind and ask if cloth diaper's are worth it. If so where can we find some we would like to stock up now

ttc

by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (51-54):
1stTimeMom1982
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Not sure but will find out soon. The initial upfront cost for cloth seems a bit pricey though
Racheldp20
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Not sure if someone has already explained, but you use a cover that has waterproof lining, it's pretty secure if you use the right kind of inserts and change regularly. 

Quoting Lili0509:

Hey everyone, so quick question, do cloth diapers soak through?? Like ok, baby pees while we're headed somewhere, he's in the car seat, would it not soak through?

Lili0509
by on May. 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Yes, thanks for the reply though!

Quoting Racheldp20:

Not sure if someone has already explained, but you use a cover that has waterproof lining, it's pretty secure if you use the right kind of inserts and change regularly. 

Quoting Lili0509:

Hey everyone, so quick question, do cloth diapers soak through?? Like ok, baby pees while we're headed somewhere, he's in the car seat, would it not soak through?

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 13, 2013 at 3:02 AM

They are completely worth it financially. You have to spend more at first but once you have your stash, you start saving a lot of money. 

I do hate the hassle of having to wash them, especially having to deal with rinsing out poopy diapers and dealing with them while traveling or leaving my kids with someone else. 

Join the cloth diaper groups on cafemom. They can answer any questions you have and direct you to the best places to buy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured