Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alexis Ann is here & now home!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Here is my story with her about why she is early:
http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/18447401/Stuck_in_the_hospital_until_baby_comes_w_update_s

6am yesterday I started having contractions and showing signs of a possible infection coming so they didn't try to stop them. I held out 10days in the hospital with her. Yay!

She was born this morning, 5/11/13 at 3:18am. I was 32w3d. She is 4lb 4oz and 17inchea.

She is doing excellent in the NICU. She has not needed any oxygen and they say her heath is great! She is doing much better than expected! It is so weird to have a baby so small. She is so tiny.

**NEWEST UPDATE & PIC ON PG 4&5**

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
prncesspeach
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Awww she looks so comfy all snuggled up!

Quoting jenbah81:

Mobile Photo

Thank y'all so much!

Here is another pic after they bathed her. My fav pic so far.

Devious103102
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

She's beautiful! So glad to hear she's doing so well!

PinkHart
by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Awww!
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Walked into the NICU to her under the blilight (sp?). I was so cute bc they drew eye lashes on the eye covers. hehe! She has a mild case of jaundice so they areteyi to just get rid of it. They said she is up to 4lb 8oz but that sounds weird bc yesterday they said she was 4lb 1oz. I know she is a lil piggy and they bumped her up again to 18mL every 3 hours (which is triple what it was on Sunday). Curious to see what they bump her to tomorrow. Poor thi has a rash though that is pretty bad and they haven't figured out what it is from but it was better at tonighhs visit than it was this morning. She is off any antibiotics so she is only receiving "fat" through her IV now.

Anyway that is her newest update. I am doing great. I have always recovered easy from births but this one has been even easier. It's so nice to be back in routine taking my kiddos to school and picking them up instead of relying on my poor dad to do it.
eykelley
by Liz on May. 15, 2013 at 3:48 AM
Can I ask if u anf her had chorio? Is that the infection?
I work post partum in a hospital and I see this often where chorio is present. I'd say 1 in every 15 pts I care for have chorio.
She is beautiful momma. Good job cooking her!.hope she is home in ur arms soon.
eykelley
by Liz on May. 15, 2013 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Has she receieved the hep B vaccine? I've seen a rash like that after they administer the shot.

Quoting jenbah81:

Mobile Photo

Walked into the NICU to her under the blilight (sp?). I was so cute bc they drew eye lashes on the eye covers. hehe! She has a mild case of jaundice so they areteyi to just get rid of it. They said she is up to 4lb 8oz but that sounds weird bc yesterday they said she was 4lb 1oz. I know she is a lil piggy and they bumped her up again to 18mL every 3 hours (which is triple what it was on Sunday). Curious to see what they bump her to tomorrow. Poor thi has a rash though that is pretty bad and they haven't figured out what it is from but it was better at tonighhs visit than it was this morning. She is off any antibiotics so she is only receiving "fat" through her IV now.

Anyway that is her newest update. I am doing great. I have always recovered easy from births but this one has been even easier. It's so nice to be back in routine taking my kiddos to school and picking them up instead of relying on my poor dad to do it.

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Mobile Photo

Thank y'all!

So the 4lb 8oz was incorrect. It was inputted wrong and was prob 3lb 8oz. As of 2 nights ago he was 3lb 15oz. She is gaining back her weigh very well though. The mild jaundice and bad rash are gone. As of yesterday so had gone from 6mL/3 hrs to 36mL/3hrs. She has been bumped up everyday! She is up to enough milk that she didn't need the "fat" via IV anymore and bloodwork all came back normal a couple of days ago so yesterday they removed the IV and she actually had one of her onesies on last night. Even preemie stuff is a little baggy on her! hehe! And at both visits yesterday she was awake almost the whole time with eyes wide open. When I go there yesterday morning she was awake but when she heard my voice her eyes got huge! And then last night she was asleep but when she heard my voice she instantly woke up. Makes me feel better that even though I am not with her 24/7 like I would if she was home, she knows me!
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Mobile Photo

jenbah81
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I'm not sure what that is but they never mentioned it so I don't think so. I never fully showed signs of an infection. I never spiked a fever but my pulse went way up and stayed that way so they think I may have just started to get one so my body decided she needed out.Thank you! :o)

Quoting eykelley:Can I ask if u anf her had chorio? Is that the infection?
I work post partum in a hospital and I see this often where chorio is present. I'd say 1 in every 15 pts I care for have chorio.
She is beautiful momma. Good job cooking her!.hope she is home in ur arms soon.
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Glad she's doing we'llwe'll

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured