Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Alexis Ann is here & now home!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Here is my story with her about why she is early:
http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/pregnancy/forums/read/18447401/Stuck_in_the_hospital_until_baby_comes_w_update_s

6am yesterday I started having contractions and showing signs of a possible infection coming so they didn't try to stop them. I held out 10days in the hospital with her. Yay!

She was born this morning, 5/11/13 at 3:18am. I was 32w3d. She is 4lb 4oz and 17inchea.

She is doing excellent in the NICU. She has not needed any oxygen and they say her heath is great! She is doing much better than expected! It is so weird to have a baby so small. She is so tiny.

**NEWEST UPDATE & PIC ON PG 4&5**

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
Alyssa1988-21
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Aww she is a precious little thing mommas. So gorgeous.
Mommy2Be9112010
by on May. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Those shades are so cute! Glad shes doing well praying 4 a speedy recovery

Quoting jenbah81:

Mobile Photo

Walked into the NICU to her under the blilight (sp?). I was so cute bc they drew eye lashes on the eye covers. hehe! She has a mild case of jaundice so they areteyi to just get rid of it. They said she is up to 4lb 8oz but that sounds weird bc yesterday they said she was 4lb 1oz. I know she is a lil piggy and they bumped her up again to 18mL every 3 hours (which is triple what it was on Sunday). Curious to see what they bump her to tomorrow. Poor thi has a rash though that is pretty bad and they haven't figured out what it is from but it was better at tonighhs visit than it was this morning. She is off any antibiotics so she is only receiving "fat" through her IV now.

Anyway that is her newest update. I am doing great. I have always recovered easy from births but this one has been even easier. It's so nice to be back in routine taking my kiddos to school and picking them up instead of relying on my poor dad to do it.
jenbah81
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Baby girl is now officially above her birth weight! She weighed in at 4lb 6oz last night. They also moved her to bed 2 of 3 yesterday. They start out in a "critical" box even if they aren't actually critical when they come in. They moved her to another box that is a little bit different. Next bed will be an open bed they use in the nursery...when she is in that one, it means...ANYTIME! Lil stink pulled out her feeding tube last night for the 1st time so they also had to replace that. Yuck! Today she kept picking at it so hopefully it won't happen again but I am sure it will. She is just saying "forget this tube and give me a dang bottle already!!". 3 more days til her 1st bottle! I can't wait!

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on May. 22, 2013 at 5:52 PM

So glad to hear she is doing well.

livingrlovesong
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:19 AM
She is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats hun. I'm so glad to hear she is doing so well!

Quoting jenbah81:

Baby girl is now officially above her birth weight! She weighed in at 4lb 6oz last night. They also moved her to bed 2 of 3 yesterday. They start out in a "critical" box even if they aren't actually critical when they come in. They moved her to another box that is a little bit different. Next bed will be an open bed they use in the nursery...when she is in that one, it means...ANYTIME! Lil stink pulled out her feeding tube last night for the 1st time so they also had to replace that. Yuck! Today she kept picking at it so hopefully it won't happen again but I am sure it will. She is just saying "forget this tube and give me a dang bottle already!!". 3 more days til her 1st bottle! I can't wait!

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:38 AM
she is beautiful! congrats and good luck.
cjsix
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:44 AM

its a girlWelcome Alexis Ann! You definately were in a hurry to see what it is like out here. You are Adorable!

goobersmom713
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Such a precious angel. Shes just proving to the world that she is one tough cookie and nothing will take her down. glad she is doing well
luvmemissme78
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM

love the pics... im so happy to hear she is doing awesome!!..how r u doing ?

smac28
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM

She is precious!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN