Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

About to flip a b***h on my df's sister..yes this is a long vent

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM
  • 12 Replies
So me and my df live with my df's mom and sister we have out own little room we pay rent for and his sis has her little room she pays rent for as well (mind you we pay 200 more then she does) we buy our own food and we have pretty much boughten everything for our baby besides what we have gotten from the baby showers. Anyways she just quit her high paying job at a nice hotel to work at islands restaurant as a server.. And so she told her mom she won't be able to pay rent for a couple months... Great me and my df are sooo far behind on our bills because I'm not able to work at the moment (being I'm 39.4 weeks) we have our phones, two car payments, insurance for the both of us, and 6 credit cards between the two of us... We also pay all the utility bills for the house (water, trash, direct tv, electricity, AT&T, ect ect) I know you guys are probably saying oh poor you blah blah blah, think what you want my df works about 51+ hours a weeks to support us at 15 bucks an hour. For the work he does he makes shit money. I try to keep the house clean as possible and the bathroom we share with his sister, and she does nothing she goes to work and maybe works 24 hours a week? And my d gets yelled at for not doing shit!!! How is that possible?!? He is at work all the time we get no time for us he works comes home eats and goes to bed and does it all over again, then on his one day off its a day we have to run errands for his mom while his sis gets to sit at home and do jack shit... Sorry this is so long I had to vent I'm trying to make my df happy by keeping our room clean and the house clean for when baby comes but in an hour of his mom and sis being home the house is in ruins again and they leave it dirty for me to clean... Ughh I feel more bad for my df then myself I could care less but he works all the time and doesn't get any breaks it breaks my heart
by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM
4 moms liked this
I think that's why most people want a place of their own. Too much drama with too many people
smurfy88
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Have him have a sit down talk with his mom and sister
smurfbitebug
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Make plans to move out. At least it will be a goal to look forward to, to keep your eye on the prize so to speak. Give you hope.
kbear1992
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM
We have tried this then it turns into complete war mainly between him and his sis, but sometimes it's me and him together and his mom and sis together then it's the house divided and we are the "scum of the earth"..

Quoting smurfy88:

Have him have a sit down talk with his mom and sister

kbear1992
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:15 PM
If we could pay our own bills and catch up with our bills we would be able too be out but we can't even catch up on our bills due to his mom wanting to pay all the utilities on top of 500 in rent.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Make plans to move out. At least it will be a goal to look forward to, to keep your eye on the prize so to speak. Give you hope.

ERMDK
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:21 PM
3 moms liked this
So, you pay more rent than someone else, pay ALL your own bills, pay ALL the household bills, do ALL the cleaning for 4 adults, on one salary? MOVE OUT! If you can pay for all that and take care of all that, what are you waiting for? His mother and sister are taking advantage of you.
kbear1992
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM
We can't catch up on our own bills due to paying all the other bills is the problem and we can't even tell his mom we need like a month or two to catch up on our bills then we can pay w.e or she will throw a bitch fit. Yet df's sis can tell her mom that and it's like "oh poor baby" *rolls eyes* if we could catch up on our bills psh we'd be out in a heart beat!! To only take care of me my df and our son would be way easier!!

Quoting ERMDK:

So, you pay more rent than someone else, pay ALL your own bills, pay ALL the household bills, do ALL the cleaning for 4 adults, on one salary? MOVE OUT! If you can pay for all that and take care of all that, what are you waiting for? His mother and sister are taking advantage of you.

Mommy2Be9112010
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I know how u feel ive beem there done that! Its hard and it sux! But id stop paying move out and be done with it! I done it with 3 kids so im sure tou can! Stop using the credit cards take your bills down to nothing save as much as tou can and be done with them! Im not preaxhing at u i had to do it myself take only.what you need and catch up on everything else once.you get on your feet! Gl momma i hope everything wrks out 4 u! Sry about the spelling im mobile!
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on May. 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Well my opinion is try and get ur own place..I know how it was living with my inlaws...And we realized by the time we helped pay our part of rent, bills, food we had enough money to have our own place..So we finally got our own place after living with his parents for 5 years..Such a bigg relief..

CafeMom Tickers
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on May. 11, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Quoting ERMDK:

Yea if u pay 500 for a room, umm u can get ur own place..I would tell her look we are moving so u need to except the fact that we are not paying rent so we can use this money on a deposit for our own place..Not trying to sound rude but dang I would not be paying that much esp if it want my own place..

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN